Crockpot Pumpkin Chili | Easy Fall Soup Recipe
As an Amazon Associate, Hip2Save earns a small commission from qualifying purchases in this post. Read our full disclosure policy here.
Savory turkey pumpkin chili is a hearty slow-cooker keto soup recipe that’s tasty and comforting for cooler months.
Turkey pumpkin chili in the Crock-Pot? YES, please!
During the fall, easy Crock-Pot meals are my preferred method for simple hands-off cooking. If you’re looking for a unique and delicious way to incorporate pumpkin into your meals, try this easy-to-make pumpkin and ground turkey slow cooker chili recipe. This hearty and comforting meal is perfect for cooler weather.
It’s important to note, this chili is SAVORY and won’t taste like your sweet pumpkin spice latte – promise!
Why add pumpkin puree to chili?
It gives this chili such a unique, rich flavor… that’s why! And when combined with tomato juice, it yields a creamy smooth and thicker texture. Pumpkin also has some awesome health benefits including loads of antioxidants, and it’s high in Vitamins A, C, and fiber. 🙂
Crock-Pot Turkey Pumpkin Chili
yield: 6 SERVINGS
prep time: 15 MINUTES
cook time: 4 HOURS
total time: 4 HOURS 15 MINUTES
Ground turkey pumpkin chili with a savory broth will warm you up on a cold fall evening!
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 bell peppers, chopped (one red, one green)
- 2 – 14.5 oz cans diced tomatoes with liquid
- 1 – 15.25 oz can black beans, drained
- 1 – 15 oz can red kidney beans, drained
- 1/2 of a 15 oz can pumpkin puree
- 32 oz. 100% tomato juice
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon hot sauce (such as Tabasco)
Tips for making turkey pumpkin chili:
- Don’t have a slow cooker? Make this a quick one-pot meal on the stove by simply browning meat, adding ingredients, stirring, and letting simmer for about an hour.
- Turn this recipe into a make-ahead freezer meal by cooking meat, letting it cool, and then placing all ingredients in a freezer-safe Ziploc bag (or two if you want to reheat in batches). Store in the freezer, and then when you’re ready to cook, just defrost and place on the stove or in a slow cooker.
- This is the perfect meatless Monday meal. Just remove the ground turkey and sub in extra beans and veggies!
- This is a pretty mild chili that’s not very spicy as written. If you’d like to bump up the heat, add some red chili flakes, additional hot sauce, or diced jalapenos to taste as a few ideas!
Hooray for Crock-Pot chili season!
This is an easy dinner my family enjoys, and I hope yours does as well. The leftovers are just as good the next day, that is if you still have some leftovers! It’s a great meal to pack along in your lunch on a chilly morning. Enjoy!