Meatless Meal Idea: Baked Gnocchi and Butternut Squash May Be My Favorite Sheet Pan Dinner!
Hip2Save may earn a small commission via affiliate links in this post. Read our full disclosure policy here.
Sheet pan dinners are the best, and you have to try this meatless meal idea that I’m calling sheet pan gnocchi & veggies!
If you’re a fan of easy pasta dinners for the family, listen up!
This colorful sheet pan gnocchi dish brings in all the warm and cozy vibes of fall in a one-pan meal that’s super quick to toss together for busy weeknights.
The pre-packaged potato gnocchi doesn’t even have to be boiled first and roasts up beautifully in the oven. I used chopped butternut squash which is one of my favorite roasted veggies to utilize this time of year.
Everything gets combined on a sheet pan with lots of olive oil, and once finished baking, you have a caramelized delicious homemade meatless meal with only one dish to wash afterwards! The potato gnocchi is super comforting and I personally loved the roasted texture!
Tips for making the BEST sheet pan gnocchi meal:
- Wondering where to buy shelf-stable gnocchi? I was able to easily find packages in the dried pasta aisle of my local grocery store. They will usually come in a one-pound pouch.
- The sheet pan meal takes a few minutes to toss together, however cutting the butternut squash is a more labor-intensive task. If you’re short on time, you can see if your store carries the pre-chopped variety! Make sure to cut the pieces pretty small into about 3/4 inch cubes, so that they will roast a little faster.
- I got out my parchment paper to first cover my sheet pan and then forgot to put it on! 😂 So if you’d like a quicker clean-up, don’t forget that step.
- Choose the veggies you love. If butternut squash isn’t your thing, try asparagus, Brussels sprouts, fresh green beans, eggplant, zucchini, or any others that sound appealing to you! Also, feel free to change up the seasonings as desired too.
- After baking, be sure to smash some of those yummy tomatoes to create a sort of garlic olive oil “sauce”! I loved plating this pasta with freshly grated parmesan cheese, as that really adds some yummy flavor and texture too.
- I think the addition of smoked sausage would taste great if you wanted to add meat to this vegetarian meal idea.
- Leftovers should last for a few days in the fridge stored in a covered container. The leftovers are yummy the next day, so plan to save some extra on hand for an easy lunch!
Sheet Pan Gnocchi & Butternut Squash
yield: 4 SERVINGS
prep time: 10 MINUTES
cook time: 35 MINUTES
total time: 45 MINUTES
Tender caramelized veggies and gnocchi roasted in olive oil and herbs make up this easy and comforting sheet pan meal all will love!
- 1 medium sized butternut squash, cut into small cubes
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 1 bell pepper, sliced
- 4 cloves fresh garlic, minced
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes
- 16 oz. shelf-stable potato gnocchi
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt or more to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon ground pepper
- 6 fresh sage leaves, chopped
- fresh grated parmesan cheese for garnish
This may be the BEST sheet pan meal I have ever had! 😍
I love simple, inexpensive meals like this. Even though sheet pan gnocchi is a meatless meal, I think you’ll find it hearty and super comforting. It also reheats well the next day for leftovers.
I honestly love the crispy texture so much better from roasting the gnocchi that I may never go back to boiling. I love how it is tender on the inside and caramelized on the outside. 😋
My teammate Jenna made my sheet pan gnocchi and here’s her review:
“WOW…just wow! What a beautiful dish that is so full of flavor! And guess what? It reheats nicely too! I love a good sheet pan meal, and I can honestly say this one is my favorite too, just as Lina said. Every ingredient really shines in this dish, that I want to make it again and again. Everyone here loved it, so I actually ended up making this twice in one week, it’s THAT good!”