Slow Cooker Bolognese Sauce Recipe
Hip2Save may earn a small commission at no extra cost to you via trusted partners and affiliate links in this post. Prices and availability are accurate as of time posted. Read our full disclosure policy here.
If you’re looking for an outstanding, restaurant quality pasta dish from your slow cooker, then this is a winner! Pasta with Bolognese sauce is one of my favorite dishes to order at fancy Italian restaurants and although it requires a few more steps than traditional spaghetti, it’s totally worth the extra work! This meal will make your kitchen smell amazing (and for me, cooking with white wine always makes me feel like a gourmet cook.
Slow Cooker Bolognese Sauce
- 3 oz pancetta, chopped (or center cut bacon)
- 1 tbsp butter (or olive oil)
- 1/2 large white onion, minced
- 2 celery stalks (about 3/4 cup), finely chopped
- 2 carrots (about 3/4 cup), finely chopped
- 2 lb 95% lean ground beef
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 2 – 28 oz cans crushed tomatoes
- 3 bay leaves
- salt and fresh pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 cup half & half cream
- chopped parsley to garnish
Recipe Adapted from Skinnytaste.com
This recipe makes about 10 cups of sauce so we had lots of left overs. This dish does well frozen and reheated when you’re ready to serve again!