Slow Cooker Chicken & Rice Burrito Bowls
Need an easy dinner the entire family will love?
If you’re looking for an easy and crowd-pleasing slow cooker meal, try making chicken and rice burrito bowls in the slow cooker! The chicken gets cooked first in a flavorful broth, then just add in rice about 45 minutes before you’d like to eat and it comes out fluffy and yummy. Recipe Adapted from Number2Pencil.com.
Chicken & Rice Burrito Bowls
yield: 6 SERVINGS
Easy slow cooker recipe to make on your busy weeknights!
- one pound chicken breasts, about 2-3 breasts
- one medium onion, diced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 – 14.5 oz. can diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 – 4.5 oz. can diced green chilies
- 1 – 15 oz. can black beans, drained
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon salt & pepper to taste
- 2 and 3/4 cups instant brown rice
- 1 and 1/2 cups shredded Colby jack cheese
- toppings: olives, green onion, sour cream, guacamole, etc.
Check out these popular Appetizer Recipes: