Crock-Pot Pumpkin Chili (Easy & Delicious Fall Dinner Idea!)
Pumpkin chili in the Crock-Pot? YES!
During the fall, easy Crock-Pot slow cooker meals are my preferred method for simple hands-off cooking. If you’re looking for a unique and delicious way to incorporate pumpkin into your meals, try this easy to make pumpkin and ground turkey slow cooker chili recipe. This hearty and comforting meal is perfect for cooler weather.
It’s important to note, this chili is SAVORY and won’t taste like your sweet pumpkin spice latte– promise!
Why use pumpkin puree in chili?
It actually gives this chili such a unique, rich flavor! And when combined with the tomato juice, it yields a creamy smooth and thicker texture. Pumpkin also has some awesome health benefits including loads of antioxidants, and it’s high in Vitamins A, C, and fiber. 🙂
Tips for making yummy pumpkin chili:
- Don’t have a Crock-Pot slow cooker? Make this a quick one-pot meal on the stove by simply browning meat, adding ingredients, stirring, and letting simmer for about an hour.
- Make this as a make-ahead freezer meal by cooking meat, cooling, and then placing all ingredients in a freezer-safe Ziploc bag or two. Store in the freezer – and then when you’re ready to cook, just defrost and place on the stove or in a slow cooker.
- This is the perfect meatless Monday meal. Just remove the ground turkey and sub in extra beans and veggies!
Crockpot Pumpkin & Ground Turkey Chili Recipe
yield: 6 SERVINGS
prep time: 15 MINUTES
cook time: 4 HOURS
total time: 4 HOURS 15 MINUTES
Creamy pumpkin chili with a savory broth will warm you up on a cold fall evening!
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 bell peppers, chopped (one red, one green)
- 2 – 14.5 oz cans diced tomatoes
- 1 – 15.25 oz can black beans, drained
- 1 – 15 oz can red kidney beans, drained
- 1/2 of a 15 oz can pumpkin puree
- 32 oz 100% tomato juice
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- salt & pepper to taste
This simple chili recipe is SO good!
I know you’re going to love it, and the leftovers are just as good the next day, that is if you still have some leftover! It’s a great meal to pack along in your lunch on a chilly morning. Enjoy!