Easy Crock-Pot Smothered Pork Chops With Gravy
It’s always helpful to have super simple Crock-Pot ideas handy, and this one is a winner!
If you’re looking for a true “set it and forget it” slow cooker meal using just a few pantry ingredients, try these mouthwatering slow cooker smothered pork chops. The result is an incredibly warm and comforting meal idea that the whole family will love!
This recipe is not fancy at all, but it’s so tasty and gets the job done when you need a convenient dinner on weeknights.
Hip Recipe Tips:
- Try to look for the thicker cut bone-in pork chops for this idea, as they are hearty and will hold up well in the slow cooker.
- The gravy it makes is so delicious, so I definitely recommend serving the pork chops with mashed potatoes, or even rice would be great, too. Check out how easy it is to make mashed potatoes in the Instant Pot!
Slow Cooker Smothered Pork Chops
yield: 4 SERVINGS
prep time: 10 MINUTES
total time: 10 MINUTES
A simple Crock-Pot meal that results in tender fall-off-the-bone pork and a delicious comforting gravy, all will LOVE!
- 4-5 bone in pork chops, thicker cut
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic, from the jar
- 1 envelope pork gravy mix
- 1 - 14 oz. can chicken broth
- 1 - 10.5 oz. can cream of chicken soup
- 1 envelope dry onion soup mix
- Optional to thicken gravy: 2 tablespoons cornstarch, plus 2 tablespoons water
Yum! This idea is definitely a winner.
I often forget how much my family enjoys pork chops and this is such an easy way to prepare them. It’s a nice change of pace from slow cooker chicken meals I tend to gravitate to more often.
Also if you’re just learning to cook, or maybe a college student, try this as a yummy idea. This is something I know my now older kids could probably pull-off if I left them the slow cooker directions!
Confession: I actually made this a few years ago as our Christmas dinner because I was completely exhausted and just needed something comforting and easy. Well, my parents and family were all impressed, and it was great! I love how tender the pork turns out and the gravy is SO GOOD!
Make these Bacon Wrapped Jalapeno Poppers ASAP!