“Spaghetti” and Meatballs Paleo style (Yum!)
Hip2Save may earn a small commission via affiliate links in this post. Read our full disclosure policy here.
So I’ve got another yummy recipe to share! “Spaghetti” and meatballs Paleo style… need I say more? 😀 Seriously, if you are getting that craving to devour an entire plate of pasta (yep – I get those cravings a little too often!), you are gonna love this recipe. My kiddos also enjoyed it – which is definitely an added bonus, as they don’t always like my Paleo creations.
“Spaghetti" and Meatballs Paleo style
Squash noodles and meatballs make this easy paleo style spaghetti recipe, a delicious and healthy dinner!
For the "Spaghetti":
- 1 squash
For the Meatballs:
- 2 pounds ground turkey (this is what I used, however, you can use beef and/or pork)
- 1/3 cup almond flour
- 2 eggs
- 3 cloves of minced garlic
- A handful of fresh chopped basil (or about 1 1/2 teaspoons dried basil)
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes (for an added kick!)
For the homemade tomato sauce (or use any sauce you please):
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 to 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 28-ounce can crushed tomatoes
- 1 6-ounce can tomato paste
- A handful of fresh chopped basil (or 1 tablespoon of dried basil)
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon or more crushed red pepper flakes (depending on how spicy you like)
You really can use any veggie you please to be the substitute for the “noodles”. I’ve had success with both zucchini and butternut squash… but what’s nice about Spaghetti Squash is that you don’t need any sort of kitchen gadget to create the noodles and honestly I think spaghetti squash by far makes the best tasting noodles!
This is definitely one of my favorite Paleo Friendly meals I have made thus far!