Make Copycat Starbucks Gingerbread Lattes Using Your Crockpot!
Hip2Save may earn a small commission via affiliate links in this post. Read our full disclosure policy here.
Let’s make Starbucks gingerbread lattes at home this year for a fun holiday drink!
If you’re sad about the popular Gingerbread latte that’s missing from the US Starbucks menu this year, cheer up!
Here’s an easy way to make a homemade copycat version, with all the warm comforting spices and flavors of gingerbread cookies, in a warm creamy latte that’s simple and convenient to make using your slow cooker.
The best part is we are using real ingredients instead of sweetened syrups!
I promise this process is super easy to accomplish too. All we are doing is whisking together ingredients and letting them slow cook together. Your kitchen will smell amazing too!
I LOVE this yummy idea for the saving money-saving aspect as well, as buying a bunch of coffee shop holiday drinks can get pretty spendy! You’ll be able to keep these warm in the slow cooker so that everyone can serve themselves at their leisure.
What if I only want to make one latte?
No worries, I gotcha covered there too! if you are wanting to enjoy a single latte it’s easy to make one on the stove. Be sure to check out those directions listed right after the slow cooker recipe below!
Tips for making the best Starbucks gingerbread lattes in the Crockpot:
- You can definitely alter this drink to taste and nutritional needs and use your desired type of milk. I also added a little bit of heavy cream to make it extra creamy and delicious. Definitely recommend!
- Brewed espresso is highly recommended for that authentic coffee house taste. You can use strongly brewed coffee instead however in a pinch!
- Molasses is what makes this taste so much like actual gingerbread. If you don’t have any or can’t find some, consider replacing it with additional brown sugar instead. We tested it both ways and both were delish!
- If you have a little hand whisk for frothing milk, use that when dishing up the latte to make it frothy! If not, no worries… however, I definitely do enjoy using mine!
- You can dress up your latte as desired. I added whipped cream, a little extra nutmeg sprinkle, and a cute gingerbread snap cookie!
- Also, how cute are these snowflake stenciled white mugs? They are from World Market, and I love the design.
Starbucks-Inspired Gingerbread Lattes in the Crock-Pot
yield: 8 SERVINGS
prep time: 10 MINUTES
cook time: 2 HOURS
total time: 2 HOURS 10 MINUTES
Here's a creamy slow cooker drink with warm comforting spices that taste so similar to gingerbread!
For Larger Slow Cooker Batch:
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup molasses
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 4 teaspoons real maple syrup
- 4 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 2 teaspoons ground nutmeg
- 3 cups brewed espresso
- 5 1/2 cups milk
For Single Individual Latte:
- 1 tablespoon heavy whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon molasses
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 teaspoon real maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/3 cup brewed espresso
- 2/3 cup milk
Gingerbread fans, get ready to drink up!
These warm familiar spices with the coffee and smooth milk are so cozy and delicious. This is such a simple idea that is tasty and fun for the holidays, so make sure and add it to your Christmas bucket list! It’s a must-try Crock-Pot drink – enjoy!
Here’s what my teammate Jenna thought of this Gingerbread latte:
I love that I can whisk a few ingredients together and have enough holiday lattes for the whole family. I already had all of these ingredients on hand, so it was super easy to whip together and waaaaaay cheaper than a Starbucks run — so good! I left mine in on high for the 2 hours and it was heated up and had a great flavor. It definitely has a fun gingerbread flavor (and smell) to it!