If you’ll be doing some holiday baking this week, consider making these super soft, melt in your mouth, sugar cookies. This simple and straightforward recipe uses cake flour and shortening that will result in THICK & SOFT bakery style cookies you’d find at the popular chain restaurant Paradise Bakery.
Copycat Paradise Bakery Sugar Cookies
Recipe found at azcentral.com , Makes 3 dozen small cookies
2 Cups Shortening
1 Cup White Granulated Sugar
1 Cup Powdered Sugar
1 Egg, beaten
1 teaspoon Vanilla
3 and 1/3 cup Cake Flour
3/4 Teaspoon Baking Powder
3/4 Teaspoon Baking Soda
1/4 Teaspoon Salt
*Sugar for Decorating
- Using a an electric mixer, cream together both sugars and shortening.
- Add in beaten egg and vanilla extract. Mix for a couple minutes until smooth.
- In a separate bowl, mix flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
- Slowly stir together wet and dry ingredients. Don’t over mix.
- Drop spoonful’s of dough on a cookie sheet. Press down a little to flatten.
- Bake at 375 for about 9 minutes. Cookies are done when cracked a little around the edges, but not yet brown.
- Remove from oven, place on cooling rack and top with granulated sugar or sprinkles.
- Note: This batch made 22 large cookies, so number of cookies will vary based on how big you decide to scoop them.
These happen to be the cookies we make at the holidays and pretty much my FAV cookie EVER! Just FYI- Santa LOVES these, too! 🎅
To make them more festive, you can add green and red sprinkles to the top, crushed candy canes, or add cinnamon & sugar for more of a Snicker Doodle taste. You can even add other yummy add-ins like mini M&Ms. YUM!
Written by Lina for Hip2Save. Lina is a proud mom of 2 kids who loves photography, all holidays, cooking, thrift store makeovers, bargain shopping, and DIY makeovers. Her goal is to create a beautiful life and stylish home on a dime! To see all of Lina’s DIY/Crafts created just for Hip2Save, click here.