Costco is the largest membership warehouse club chain in the U.S. where members can shop for groceries, furniture, toys, and more. Whether you're shopping their Black Friday deals, instant savings coupons, or booking your next vacation with Costco Travel, or even getting new Costco tires, we've got ya covered!
Here are a few helpful Costco posts:
- 8 Ways You Can Shop at Costco Without a Membership
- 8 of the Best Items from Costco’s Food Court Under $5 Each
- 3 of the Best Reasons to Book a Vacation with Costco Travel
Here are 6 things you should definitely buy at Costco:Kirkland Signature, includes an assortment of items that are rumored to be manufactured by name brands at a fraction of the cost? If that wasn't enough, the quality and value are unbeatable!
Here are a few of our favorite Kirkland Signature items:
- Grocery & paper products
"We love Kirkland brand everything! K-cups, toilet paper, paper towels, olive oil, canned chicken, cheese – we literally love everything from that brand." -Lina
"We recently tried the Kirkland Signature Protein Bars and thought they were delicious! Plus, my kids love the granola bars in their lunches. We have tried store brand granola bars and they just never got eaten, but these are great!" -Mary
- Baby formula
"My favorite Costco item is their Kirkland brand formula. It's priced around $16 for a huge container, which is a fraction of the price of name brands, but it has actually worked better digestion-wise for my two youngest kiddos." -Stacy
- Organic products
"I love all the organic/non-GMO products and many of Costco’s Kirkland Signature brand are both. My favorites are Wild Planet sustainably pole caught tuna, Organic Better than Bouillon Chicken base, Kirkland Signature extra virgin olive oil, Kirkland’s wild-caught skinless and boneless salmon, and so many more." -Jami
- Pet food
"I love the Kirkland brand dog food! You can get a HUGE bag for only around $30." -Lacey
"The Kirkland hearing aid batteries are $8.99 for a pack of 60. My father-in-law and grandma go through about one battery a week, if not more. They were buying the Energizer brand for 16 batteries for $11-$12 in stores. They’re saving a ton with the Kirkland brand, and they both say they last as long as Energizer." -Stacy
Costco sells an average of 157,000 chickens every single day and over 60 million every year, but if you think they make a profit on them, they don't. Costco reportedly loses money on their chickens but refuses to raise the price since they're one of their best-selling items (we love you, Costco!).
Hip Tip: Check out these 12 Easy Rotisserie Chicken Meal Ideas!
You can also find great deals on shoes, especially during instant savings coupon sales. In fact, we've spotted previous deals on Adidas, Skechers, Sanuk flip flops, and even TOMS shoes! While these deals are not currently available online, hopefully, they'll return in the future.
Here's what we think about Costco's clothing and shoes:"I love the shoe deals at Costco! I have purchased Adidas slides for under $15, tennis shoes for my boys for under $20 that we later saw for $80 at a footwear store, and Sanuk flip flops for under $15! I also love Costco's leggings – they're super thick and hold up, wash after wash! While the deals change often, if you're in need of shoes or clothes, check out Costco first!" -Mary
"I’ve scored my favorite leggings and jacket at Costco... love them!" -Lina
"Sometimes my family will go to Costco just to get dessert. Instead of spending $5 per person at a local custard place, we can ALL go to Costco and get everyone in my family a 12oz yogurt for under $7 total! That's some pretty crazy savings!" -Mary
Hip Tip: Check out our favorite Costco food court items under $5 each!
5. Gift cardsLooking to save on dining out or entertainment? Consider browsing the gift card section at Costco first. You can find savings for restaurants, movie tickets, theme and water parks, retail stores, fitness gyms, and much more! Plus, when you make a purchase online, you can then use the digital gift cards in-store or online. And you can combine discounted gift cards with coupons to score even bigger savings!
Here are a few of our favorite Costco gift card options:
- Build-A-Bear eGift Cards
- AMC, Regal, and Cinemark Movie Tickets
- Chuck E. Cheese eGift Cards
- Smashburger, Krispy Kreme, and other restaurant gift cards
Charisma brand does not disappoint! The sheets are extremely soft, wash well, and come in a variety of colors and sizes.
The Hygro Cotton technology makes them super absorbent, and the special weave makes them incredibly soft – and they get even softer with every wash. 🙌🏻 Plus, with the Spot Stop color protection, you don't have to worry about discoloration from common cosmetic ingredients. Read more about why Lina loves these towels!
Here are 5 things you should NOT buy at Costco:
1. ElectronicsOccasionally, the prices of TVs or electronics at Costco are worth the splurge, but you'll generally get a better deal at other retailers like Best Buy or Target (especially during Black Friday and around the Super Bowl when newer models are coming out).
Hip Tip: Check out the best times to shop based on annual sales cycles.
2. BooksWhile Costco is a great place to score deals on certain products, you shouldn’t rely on the warehouse for the best discounts on paperback or hardcover books. You can often find better deals on Amazon or Barnes & Nobles with a promo code, coupon, or sale (and buying used is always a great option, too).
4. SodaMost soda brands are going to be cheaper at retailers other than Costco, especially during a sale or with coupons. While Costco's price is regularly around 29¢ per can, stores like Target, CVS Pharmacy, and other grocers often have better sales on soda, so that is generally a better time to stock up.
5. ToothpasteIf you're a HIP shopper, you know that you can easily score a tube of toothpaste for $1-$2 (and even free on occasion when you pair coupons with sales). So, unless you're completely out or just don't want to make multiple stops to get the cheapest deal, you're better off not buying toothpaste at Costco
Page 1 of 47