8 Best Coffee Mugs to Keep Your Mornings Extra Steamy (& 1 to Avoid!)
Hip2Save may earn a small commission at no extra cost to you via trusted partners and affiliate links in this post. Prices and availability are accurate as of time posted. Read our full disclosure policy here.
Love steamy, hot mornings? ☕
So do we…with coffee, that is! That’s why we’re sharing the best coffee mugs ever! Whether you’re working from home or always on the go, we’re sharing insulated coffee cups to suit everyone’s needs, and every single one of them is guaranteed to keep your morning joe steamy as ever. 🙌
Speaking of coffee…if you’re not following us on Instagram yet, you’re missing out on Coffee with Collin episodes that no frugal person should ever miss! 🤩
Perfect for the person that goes anywhere.
I have been using this coffee mug for the past couple of months and it’s the best coffee mug I’ve ever owned! With the airtight seal on the lid, I feel comfortable enough sipping on coffee from my white couch or in my new car because I know it’s practically spill-proof! Plus, the lid comes apart super easily and washes great in the dishwasher.
Prior to getting the Hydro Flask mug, I was lugging around a huge coffee mug that was just way too big for my hands so I really appreciate how compact and easy-to-carry this coffee mug is, which even fits perfectly in my car cupholder!
Not to mention, I’m obsessed with the innovative handle so even when my hands are full, I can still easily carry my coffee mug around.
Perfect for the homebody or anyone who works from home.
When most people think of YETI, they likely see money signs, but you can actually score great deals on YETI throughout the year, which makes them more than worth their price! Collin, herself, even agrees these are hands down the best mugs around!
“I LOVE my YETI coffee mug! Not only is it a nice and sleek mug (I love the white color 😍), but it keeps my coffee hot for so LONG! I also love the larger size too!” – Collin, Mrs. Hip
Perfect for the truly frugal Yeti lover.
- 12 oz. Coffee Mug – $12.99+
If you love the design of the Yeti but want a more frugal price, this double-wall insulated coffee mug is the perfect substitute! It’s great at maintaining temperature (hot or cold) so no matter what you like to drink throughout the day, your favorite drink will taste perfect to the last sip!
Another budget-friendly option!
- 16 oz. Stainless Steel Mug – $14.99 (Beyond+ Member Price $11.99)
This 16-ounce coffee mug is the perfect in-between size if you’ve had your eye on the more expensive Yeti mug (which only comes in 10, 14, & 24 oz. sizes). And if you haven’t already taken notice, it also comes in some super fun colors you won’t find with the expensive brands like marble and a multi-colored iridescent rainbow! 😍
Our very own recipe blogger, Lina, is totally obsessed with it so it’s no wonder it made our best coffee mugs list! Here’s what she had to say about it:
“I love this tumbler! It’s inexpensive and does the job of keeping coffee warm. I actually use it around the house without the lid as it’s a great size and has not chipped or anything after 6 months of constant use.” – Lina, Hip sidekick
Perfect for the gifter.
- 12 oz. Coffee Mug – $12.99 each or LESS if you get a multi-pack!
- Grab a pack of 2, 4, 8, or 12 – perfect for gifting & scoring a great value!
Looking to give some friends the gift of hot coffee? If you want a reliable mug that’s affordable and comes in large variety packs, you can score this mug in sets of up to 12 which make for perfect gifts for any holiday! It’s made of premium stainless steel, powder-coated in various gorgeous colors, BPA-free, and double-wall insulated so you can feel good about gifting this brand.
“I bought this 4-pack last year for Mother’s Day and stuffed them with gift cards and everyone seems to love them! I do have one too and use it all the time – I love it!” -Erica
Perfect for the traveling multitasker.
- 30 oz. Travel Mug – $19.99 + save 20% with the digital coupon
You’ll get the most bang for your buck with this super versatile mug and it’s even TRIPLE insulated… double insulation who?! Not only will you receive better insulation with this mug, but it also has a copper lining so you can ensure coffee will stay hot longer than ever. 🙌 Its handle is also removable, making it such a versatile mug to tote around.
Speaking of versatility, this mug comes with two different lids! One with the popular ergonomic sliding lid that mimics the more expensive brands and a splash-resistant, spill-proof sipper lid that fits the two included stainless steel straws! On top of that, you’ll even receive a cleaning brush and a bag for storing it away…although, we’re sure you’ll be using it every day regardless. Like I said… this is the most bang for your buck! Cheers!
Perfect for the person who loves getting back to basics.
If you’re someone who just needs a basic travel cup then this YETI coffee mug is going to check off all the boxes on your wish list! It’s easy to carry, super easy to use with one hand, and both sizes are designed to fit in any car’s cup holder! My favorite feature about this YETI Rambler is that it comes with the Magslide Lid which helps keep your drink hot for longer by sliding closed. It’s ergonomic-friendly and really easy to keep clean.
A couple of Christmases ago, I was looking for the perfect coffee mug to gift my other half and I ended up getting him the 20 oz Rambler. He’s obsessed and has been using it every single day since and trucking it back and forth to work.
These YETI Ramblers (just like all their products) are built tough and will last a lifetime! After 2 years of constant use, ours still looks brand new!
Perfect for the frugal traveler who wants top performance and a very affordable option.
Ozark Trail is a huge competitor for YETI. With their super low prices, dependability, and top performance that’s matched against many of the expensive brands, this gem is a popular choice for anyone looking to stay on the lowest budget possible.
Let’s talk about one mug you shouldn’t be buying…
This SUNWILL mug from Amazon is a prime example of why we test stuff here at Hip2Save. Plain and simple, if it’s not amazing, we don’t want you to spend your hard-earned money on it (no matter how cheap it may be).
Even though it has over 13,000 5-star reviews on Amazon, it did not perform nor live up to any sort of “best” standard. For that reason, we’re ditching it off our best coffee mug list.
Here are a few reasons it didn’t make the cut:
- The color was way off. I love white and ordered the “Powder Coated White” however it was very much a light purple which was really disappointing. (See photos above for color comparison.)
- The lid doesn’t slide smoothly. To open the part you sip, you have to use way more effort than the magnetic Yeti one or smooth slide Hydro Flasks which I found to be loud and a frequent inconvenience.
- The lid feels very cheap. I’d be worried about the longevity of having this lid and whether it would really stand the test of time before it broke.
- The lid is hard to keep clean. Coffee immediately gets trapped in all the crevices and during cleaning, it cannot be taken apart to clean more thoroughly. Of course, the lid can go in the dishwasher, but again, I’m not sure it will last long given its cheap quality.
- The mug itself is hand-wash only. Need I say more? It definitely an inconvenience.
- I experienced a lot of splashing. Whenever using this mug, my coffee began pooling on the lid after drinking each time. Combined with the hard-to-close lid, I experienced splashing every time I closed it. Not good when coffee droplets are splashing on your face, glasses, clothing, and white couch like I experienced.
- It didn’t keep coffee hot. After about 55 minutes my hot coffee was cold.