5 Best Golden Goose Alternatives That Cost Hundreds Less
Hip2Save may earn a small commission at no extra cost to you via trusted partners and affiliate links in this post. Prices and availability are accurate as of time posted. Read our full disclosure policy here.
Score these trendy Golden Goose alternatives while you can!
Prepare yourself for these jaw-dropping Golden Goose lookalikes. 🤯
Before we dive in, I have to admit something. Until a few weeks ago I had never heard of Golden Goose. I’m assuming many of you haven’t either given what I recently discovered.
I was blown away to find out this trending brand offers iconic “star sneakers” which retail anywhere from $500 to over $1,000! 😱 The funniest part of all, each pair is purposefully scuffed and made to look dirty and each piece is handmade in Italy so they’re truly “one-of-a-kind”, hence the high price. 😏
What on Earth?! 🤣
You can find the extremely high-end Golden Goose brand at stores like Nordstrom and they offer high-end pieces from clothing to sneakers and even accessories although, they’ve become most well known for their iconic “star sneakers” – in fact, they’re so popular, they’re going on tour. Not kidding.
While sporting any Golden Goose piece will set you apart from any crowd, the price tags are sure to leave your wallet sweating it big time. So we thought it would be fun to find our very own, much more affordable alternatives!
Check out these incredible Golden Goose alternatives we found!
1. Who needs genuine calf hair on their sneakers when you can save nearly $500 on this leopard Golden Goose lookalike?
- Golden Goose Super-Star Genuine Calf Hair Sneaker (top)- $560 (currently OOS)
- STEVEN by Steve Madden New York Girly Court Star Oxford (bottom) – $49.98 (regularly $79.99)
That’s a savings of $510.02!
This Golden Goose sneaker may have a leopard-spotted genuine calf-hair star on it, but DSW offers an almost identical and wildly cool pair of Steve Madden sneakers for over $500 less! Plus, our less expensive option has tons of great reviews so we’re thinking it’s a solid option for anyone looking to save on this trend.
2. You also can’t beat the basics with this white Golden Goose star sneakers lookalike for way less too.
- Golden Goose Pure Star Low Top Sneaker (top) – $530
- STEVEN by Steve Madden New York Rezume Sneaker (bottom) – $83 or less depending on the size you pick (regularly $119)
That’s a savings of $447 or more!
As if Amazon didn’t already have all the things, but now you can even get Golden Goose alternatives on the massive shopping site as well! Better yet, the Steve Madden sneaker lookalike even appears to be more distressed so you’ll be able to sport your favorite worn-in look right out of the box!
3. You can try a pair of black Golden Goose lookalikes for free with Amazon Prime Wardrobe!
- Golden Goose Super Star Low Top Sneaker (top) – $530 (currently OOS)
- STEVEN by Steve Madden Black Multi Rubie Sneaker (bottom) – $59.99-$69.99 (regularly $99.99)
That’s a savings of $460.01 or more!
That’s right, if you just want to give this look a try before committing to even the price of a lookalike, you can try this pair of sneakers for free before you commit to buying with Amazon Prime Wardrobe! Made by Steve Madden, you’re still going to pay a pretty penny, but if you genuinely love this look we know they’ll be well made and likely last a long time!
They have other colors too! 🤩
- Golden Goose Hi Star Low Top Platform Sneakers (top) – $605
- STEVEN by Steve Madden Women’s Rubie Sneaker (bottom) – $69.99
That’s a savings of $535.01!
Funny enough, there’s plenty of Steve Madden Rubie sneaker designs to choose from to get your star sneaker fix!
At first glance, these gold and pink accented Golden Goose alternatives look identical. However, with the growing popularity of those looking for Golden Goose lookalikes, this style is going fast, so if you find your size act on it now before they’re gone!
4. If you’re really looking to save big, Portland Boot Company has lookalikes under $20!
- Golden Goose Super Star Snake Embosses Sneakers (top) – $605
- Portland Women’s Star Low-Top Sneaker (bottom) – $17.99 (regularly $24.99)
That’s a savings of $587.01!
For starters, you just can’t beat sneakers under $20. But the Portland Boot Company brand took it a step further by not only making Golden Goose alternatives that are, in my opinion, even cuter than the brand name ones, but also are on sale for just $17.99! That’s the biggest gap in price we’ve found so far!
5. Target is joining the mix with their own lookalike!
- Golden Goose Pure Star Sneakers w/ Pink Glitter Heel Tab (top) – $530
- A New Day Women’s Maddison Sneakers (bottom) – $29.99
That’s a savings of $506.01!
Now, these Target lookalikes are just cute, and we love the camo heel tab even more than the pink ones!
6. It’s not just shoes, Walmart even has the perfect hoodie for men, sure to be a staple piece in any wardrobe. 😆
- Golden Goose Star Graphic Hoodie (top) – $270
- Walmart Fruit of the Loom Men’s Fleece Hoodie $12.99 + Horizon Group Foil Star Stickers $2.43 (bottom) – $13.65
That’s a savings of $254.58!
Now, I don’t know many people (or any) who are dropping nearly $300 on a sweatshirt but considering this basic black hoodie with stars is hard to come by, we thought we’d come up with a DIY version to save you over $250! 👏🏻 🤣
Luckily, Walmart has identical black pullover hoodies for just under 13 bucks to achieve the high-end style! Paired with some sticky foam stars, you’ve practically nailed this hot Golden Goose look. 🙌🏻 😉
The only difference? Golden Goose’s hoodie is 100% cotton and our alternative is 60% Cotton/40% Polyester. However, that just means less shrinkage when you wash it. Even better, our Walmart option is more versatile since the stars can be taken off for the days you’re going for a more minimalist look. 😏
They even have great women’s sweatshirt lookalikes too!
- Golden Goose Star Collection Athena Logo Cotton Jersey Sweatshirt (top) – $230
- Walmart Time & Tru Women’s Fleece Crew Neck Sweatshirt $7.98 + Horizon Group Gold Star Stickers $2.43 (bottom) – $10.41
That’s a savings of $219.59!
WOWZA! 🤩 Walmart even has the women’s section covered too! For just about 10 bucks you can sport a similar pullover sweatshirt to make the perfect Golden Goose lookalike for women. Plus, it’ll go with just about anything!
Using the same, gold star stickers that Stetson found, Cam was able to use one gold star to replicate the expensive pullover sweatshirt by Golden Goose.
Best of all, if you’re after both the men’s and women’s Golden Goose sweatshirt alternatives, then you’ll only need one pack of stickers – making your alternative cost even less! 👏🏻
Obviously, we’ve half kidding on these last sweatshirt sticker DIYs, but we’re still feeling like it’s a win, win all around! 😂
We’ve found the best Lululemon alternatives online – and no, we’re not joking about these. 🤩