This Sandwich Hack Using Hawaiian Rolls Works Great for Road Trips!
Hip2Save may earn a small commission via affiliate links in this post. Read our full disclosure policy here.
Hit the road with some easy Hawaiian roll sandwiches for your cooler!
I recently went on a long road trip and tried this genius prep-ahead sandwich hack that worked so great and was easy to do, so I had to share! This smart tip basically involves compiling one huge sandwich using King’s Hawaiian rolls, adding sandwich fixings, cutting each sandwich, and placing them back in the bag.
Put the sandwiches on top of a cooler and then when you’re hungry, each person can grab a couple of mini sandwiches for lunch and it’s all packed nicely together. So easy and smart!
How great is this idea for traveling, camping, the beach or lake days?!
These Hawaiian roll sandwiches were easy for everyone in my family to quickly grab a small individual sandwich in the car when hungry! I absolutely love this convenient idea and will be using it again for sure. It saved us from stopping to grab fast food, and tasted great!
As far as what goes in your sandwich, that’s up to you!
Steps for making Hawaiian roll sandwiches on the go:
1. Carefully slice the entire loaf of Hawaiian rolls horizontally.
2. Open and place sandwich fixings such as lunch meat and cheese on one side and lightly spread a little mustard and mayonnaise on the other side.
3. Put the top of the rolls back on, and then place it on top of the white cardboard packaging. Cut the individual sandwiches using a knife.
4. Carefully place the sandwiches back in the plastic bag and secure it with the tie.
5. Put the sandwiches on top of a cooler with ice or ice packs and then when you’re hungry each person can grab a couple of mini sandwiches for lunch and it’s all packed nicely together.
Looking for more helpful road trip ideas?!