OfficeMax: Black Friday Deals
Bath & Body Works: Black Friday VIP Bag
Victoria’s Secret: Free Tote on Black Friday
Big Lots: Black Friday Deals
Macy’s: Black Friday Deals
IKEA: Black Friday Deals
Office Depot: Black Friday Deals
Staples: Black Friday Deals
Bed, Bath & Beyond: Black Friday Deals
Cost Plus World Market: Black Friday Deals
Old Navy: Black Friday Deals
Lowe’s: Black Friday Deals
Lowe’s.com: Black Friday Deals Online NOW
Michaels: Black Friday Deals
Shopko: Black Friday Deals
JoAnn: Black Friday Deals
Sears: Black Friday Deals
Walgreens: Black Friday Deals (valid 11/22-11/24)
Kmart: Black Friday Deals
Best Buy: Black Friday Deals
Target: Black Friday Deals
JCPenney: Black Friday Deals
CVS: Black Friday Deals (valid 11/22-11/24)
Toys R Us: Black Friday Deals (plus the 1st 200 shoppers get a FREE Goody Bag!)
Walmart: Black Friday Deals
Kohl’s: Black Friday Deals
Rite Aid: Black Friday Deals (valid 11/22-11/25)
Radio Shack: Black Friday Deals
Petco: FREE Dog Antlers with Purchase on Black Friday, 11/23 (Pals Card Holders)
…And for a round-up of all the best Black Friday Restaurant Deals, click here!
My Top 12 Black Friday Shopping Tips
If you are planning to brave the stores on Friday (or even as early as tomorrow as many stores are opening their doors on Thanksgiving), then here are some tips to increase your chances of survival.😉
(To see all of the Black Friday tips, click the link below “Read More / Post Your Comments”.)
(1) Be prepared. Before you head out to the store, research the Black Friday ads (which I will be posting as the become available) and outline exactly what you would like to purchase. And to be extra prepared, you can even research the layout of your store, so you’ll know exactly where to head to grab the items on your list.
(2) Be ready to stand in line for quite a long time. Wear comfy shoes and appropriate outerwear and consider leaving the kiddos at home (if this is not possible, bring toys or other items to keep them entertained while shopping).
(3) Know your store’s hours (some stores are opening on Thanksgiving night while others are waiting until the wee hours of Friday morning). Again, I will be posting store-specific information in the coming days.
(4) Familiarize yourself with each store’s price matching and/or coupon policy. Keep in mind that many stores have created special price matching policies specific for Black Friday.
(5) Make a list! This will keep you focused and will definitely help to prevent you from being tempted to purchase additional items that are not on the list.
(6) Remember to ask yourself whether the great deal you see is actually a great deal for you. Check out this post for more on this topic. You may also want to research online prices versus in-store prices, as you can often snag better deals online even when you factor in shipping costs. Plus, think about the time and gas saved when shopping online! Love that!
(7) Keep those receipts! After the adrenaline rush is over, you may realize that you got caught up in the Black Friday craziness and purchased items that you really do not want. As long as you have the receipt, you should be able to return them and get a full refund.
(8) Go with your mom, sister, or a friend. Plan ahead and plan to split up so you can snag items for each other. It’s the only way I’ve figured out to help you be in two places at once! If you don’t want to go to separate stores, you can each start out on separate ends of the same store and meet in the middle after you’ve snatched up as many of the things on your (and each other’s) lists as you could along the way.
(9) Gas up the night before so you don’t waste precious sleep OR shopping time at the pump. Also, map out your route based on store opening times to minimize backtracking and missing out on doorbuster items you’re planning to purchase.
(10) Don’t give up! If the item you are looking for is not on the shelf or display, check the front of the store where other shoppers may have left items they weren’t sure about before checking out. Or, check with your cashier to see if someone happened to change their mind at the register and leave the item you were looking for there.
(11) Be friendly. You will be amazed at how people will help each other, even in the craziness, if they are approached with kindness.
(12 ) And my favorite tip of all… skip Black Friday and wait for Cyber Monday instead! There is nothing better than snagging *HOT* deals from the comfort of your own home in your favorite PJ’s!
Feel free to share your tips in the comment section below!
Also, go here for my personal take on Black Friday and the thoughts of over 170+Hip2Savers in the post entitled Black Friday: A Couponer’s Dream or A Couponer’s Nightmare (What do YOU Think?)