Big Lots: 2013 Black Friday Deals

Big Lots Black Friday Deals Hip2Save

Big Lots will be open on Thanksgiving Day from 7AM–9PM. Also, Thursday, 11/28 through Saturday 11/30, spend $50 or more and you’ll snag a coupon valid for $10 off any purchase of $10 or more from December 1st-December 14th.

Also, the first 100 customers on November 29th only will score a scratch & win cash card – each card is guaranteed to be valid for $5-$100 off your purchase on 11/29 only. Head here to check out the entire ad scan.

*Simmons Recliners $189 (Reg. $285)
*Dyson DC40 Ball Cyclone Vacuum $229.99
(Reg. $399.99)
*7-in. Smart Tablet Jr. $68.88 (Reg. $99.99)
*Emerson 4GB Music and Video Player $8.88 (Reg. $18.88)
*Jewelry Armoire $169.99 (Reg. $229.99)
*Polaroid 4.3″ Touch Media Player $34.88 (Reg. $49.99)
*All Preschool Toys Buy 1 get 1 50% off
*Mens & Womans Sleep Pants $4.88 (Reg. $8)
*ACDelco 20-pk. AA Batteries Buy 1 Get 1 FREE
*Sag Harbor Ladies Winter Boots $10 (Reg. $19)

*Bean Bag Chairs $10 (Reg. $17)
*Large Kitchen Storage Cart (Butcher Block Top) $199.99 (Reg. $299.99)
*Armless Accent Chairs $97 (Reg. $129.99)
*TV Stands (Assorted) $89.99 (Reg. $129.99)
*Pre-Lit 350-ct. Clear Lights 7-ft. Slim Christmas Tree $39.88 (Reg. $75)
*PNY 8GB SDHC Memory Card $4.88 (Reg. $8)
*Shark Steam Pocket Mop $39.99 (Reg. $59.99)
*Bissell Velocity Vacuum $49.99 (Reg. $89.99)
*Babycakes Whoopie Pie Maker $9 (Reg. $29.99)

Also, go here to check out my Top 12 Black Friday Shopping Tips! Don’t forget to stay tuned for LOTS more Black Fridays deals to be posted soon! And be sure to click here to browse through all the Black Friday deals that have been posted thus far.

• Heather says:

I was really hoping they’d have wrapping paper in their ad… I was just there, and there were soooo many cute designs.

• shelaghc says:

Another place to contact to complain that they’re not letting their employees have a holiday.

• Em says:

Maybe they volunteered to work and are celebrating Thanksgiving on Saturday instead?

• Melinda says:

Is anyone going to contact the hospital I work at to complain about making the nurses and doctors work?

• megan says:

Big Lots isn’t saving lives. You are. Thank you.

• shelaghc says:

I have nothing but respect and gratitude for the men and women who work in service industries as you do.
        My mother spent the last year and a half of her life in a nursing home and the people who cared for her and the other residents did so were nothing short of amazing – especially during her last days just a year ago.
        From the bottom of my heart, I thank you for taking up such a caring and selfless profession.

That said, retail stores do *not* have to be open on holidays. This is about corporate greed – not caring for the sick and injured.

• megan says:

I doubt they are volunteering. I used to work there and always had to work on thanksgiving and there is no incentive either. You get the same amount of holiday pay whether you are scheduled that day or not.

• Em says:

My comment was moderated- so I will try again. Thanksgiving is about thankfulness. Sometimes- you draw the short stick and have to work a holiday. Be thankful you have that paycheck to keep yourself warm and fed. A lot of people do not have that.

• shelaghc says:

A friend of mine has worked for Target for many years. She got the notice that she’ll have to work starting early evening. This means she’s going to have to leave her family – who live several hours away from her – and travel back to her store.

She was given no choice at all in this. I’m sure she’s always thankful for a job. But this isn’t about anything but a corporation making more money.

• Em says:

What is stopping her/them from celebrating Thanksgiving another day? It isn’t a religious holiday where the day itself is very important for spiritual meanings!

• shelaghc says:

Because it’s a national holiday and the family was already planning to get together *on* the national holiday.

Why are you judging them for wanting to spend the actual holiday together?

• Em says:

I’m not judging- I’m sick of the whining. She can either A) suck it up and do the job she signed up for or B) celebrate another day or C) get another job. This is America- change what you don’t like.

• shelaghc says:

And who says they don’t have a spiritual connection to the holiday?
          As I said, this is about corporate greed above all else. They don’t get paid more than their regular hourly rate to work on holidays. They aren’t given special incentives or another extra day off.

• Christine says:

Not all company’s are like that I work for Spencer’s and I will be paid time and a half from wen we open at 8 til midnight and get an eight hour paid day off.

• Amy says:

If it’s not you or a family member then who cares . Let the them deal with it. If it bothers them that much to have to work on holidays then quit. I have work plenty of holidays (not by choice) yeah it sucks atm but you get over it. Dont be all rude to the others, they arent the ones forcing them to work. And hey its Thanksgiving, everyone should be thank for what they have even if it means to be thankful that they have a job to go to regaurdless if they have to work holidys. happy turkey day, gobble til you wobble!

• Jana says:

I quit going Black Friday shopping when they started opening the stores on thanksgiving. I feel sorry for the people who are forced to work and those who feel they have to shop those sales because of a tight Christmas budget.

• Jess says:

We’ll since this is a shopping thread.. I’m hoping to score 3 MP3 players.

Big lots has always been open on thanksgiving. So has Kmart and meijer. Why the big stink this year?

• shannon says:

I’m excited about black Friday shopping! I’ve done it every year since I was a child. I’ve worked on holidays over the years my least favorite being Christmas Eve and I hated it, but eventually I found another job and I haven’t been in that position to have to work on holidays for many years. A way to look at it is this is a temporary situation. There are a lot of good deals out there for items that people may otherwise not be able to afford. I’m sad for the people who do have to work and I make sure I thank them for their service whenever I’m out shopping. No need to start an argument over it or make rude remarks.