American Express Cardholders: Support Small Business & Get a $10 Credit (Register Your Card Now!)

Wow!  I have a great deal for those of you who are American Express cardholders. Starting now, you can head over here (or here’s the direct link) and register your American Express card to be eligible to participate in Small Business Saturday. Note that registration is limited, so I suggest registering right away. Then on Saturday, November 30th only, use your registered American Express card at participating small business merchants and you’ll earn a $10 statement credit!

Here’s what you need to do…

* Head over here to register your American Express card (you may register one card for this offer)

* Using your registered American Express Card, spend $10 or more at participating small business merchants on Saturday, November 30th. Qualifying small business locations appear on the Small Business Saturday Map found at ShopSmall.com.

* Receive the $10 statement credit. Your credit will appear on your billing statement within 90 days after November 30, 2013, provided that American Express receives information from the merchant about your qualifying purchase.

(Thanks, Allyson, Who Spends Money, Free Stuff Times and Freebies for a Cause!)

• Kidsallgone says:

Am I blind and/or stupid? Where do I sign up on the site? Thanks for any tips :) :) :)

• Michelle says:

Do you know if it works if I have a Citibank AMEX?

• kelly says:

did this last year and got a gift certificate from a small business merchant. my acct was credited on the very next statement.

• us4royers says:

I love these! Last year was $25 but I’m just glad they are still doing this. :) I usually get a willow tree person or a pretty ornament.

• dealgirl says:

Glad they’re doing this again! However, anyone else notice they lowered the purchase amount? The last 2 years it’s been a $25 credit.

• Tomoko says:

• JustD says:

I was able to register both my mine and my husbands cards but they are both the same account just different card numbers. Does anyone know if we could get 2 $10 credits or is it just one per account?

• Doaa says:

Did anyone else tried the two cards that belong to the same account?

• Jessie says:

That’s what I wanted to know as well. My husband and I share the same account and we have the same card number shown on our card. So, really not sure if we can still register both cards, even though it has the same card number and linked to the same account. Thanks for the answer in advance.

It says:
      “Please note that this registered Card number is the only Card that can receive the offer. Any other eligible Cards (including those linked to the same account) must be registered separately.”

That’s why I am not sure and wondering.

• jac says:

Yes, if the cards have different numbers. Cards issued by Amex usually have different numbers for authorized users, even for the same account. Cards issued by other banks but cobranded w/ Amex (e.g., Citibank) use the same card number for authorized users. As long as the numbers are different you should be able to register them both. It’s always worked for my husband & me in the past.

• Pat says:

I hope Costco’s card isn’t considered Corporate, anyone know for sure?

• Jennifer says:

Yay! Thanks for the reminder! Just registered our three cards! I’m just bummed our local wine store closed last year. That’s where we usually spend our Small Biz Saturday money!

• harlow says:

Does n e 1 know when the winners of the 50.00 gc were mailed out? the promo a few months ago that u had to have a small business to register and get it if 1 of 1st 1000.
    thanks

• Diane says:

Amex has many other statement credit opportunities right now. I have received $20/$79 Walmart purchase. If you choose their gift card get the physical one not the egift card. I have gotten $5/$25 purchase at BP twice. This one is good on every $25.00 purchase until 12/31/13, $5/5 Murphy Express and $10/50 Lowe’s (now expired). There are many more that don’t interest me. Log into your account online and scroll down to Offers For You. I receive an email confirmation every time I earn a credit. I am now checking my account every week or 2 to see if anything else has been added.

• araaidan says:

Thank you so much for sharing! I never knew about all these credits before today! You should contact Collin so she can add them onto he bottom of this post. Happy savings to you my friend! And thank you again!!!!

• Naomi says:

Diane how do you get signed up for these other opportunities?

• Jill says:

• Amy says:

Can I use 2 credit cards to buy $20 gift certificate?

• Babs says:

I just called the AMEX number on the back of the card. The rep (and I have his name) said that as long as they are two DIFFERENT account numbers, even if from the SAME account, you could get TWO $10 credits. The two cards MUST have 2 different numbers EVEN if they only differ in the last two digits like mine and my husband’s but BOTH have to be registered SEPARATELY. He said if we had 10 cards from the same account with just the last two digits different we could get TEN $10 credits. Call the number on the back of your card. There is a huge list of businesses participating (look at http://www.ShopSmall.com and type in your area code) this year and we live in the middle of nowhere! I asked about the $25 credit from the previous years and he said they lowered it so more people could participate. Last year, people were left out because there are only a limited number of eligible registrations. The businesses must be on the list but AMEX also mentions that there can be errors in the list. I always ask the business to make sure they are participating. I received an email last year that I had, indeed, received the credit to my statement long before I received my actual statement. Happy Shopping!

• Kelly says:

Yay! We have 2 Different Amex cards and 2 cards for my husband and I so that will be $40 for us! Yea last year was $25 per card but I will take $40 in free money :)

• irene says:

I’m so glad they decided to do it again this year, even if the dollar amount is less. I’ll be using it at Ace Hardware with the 50% IP on coupons dot com. Double your discount!

• Allison says:

I love that AMEX does this program! They are my favorite card and the only one I use. I have the Costco AMEX and I love they pay me once a year for using their card! Free money and they have excellent customer service!

• Tarri says:

It is nice to see even though it is $10 instead of $25 that no one is complaining. Free money is free money.

• sara says:

Serve cards work too! Don’t forget Serve is going to start charging a $1 fee per month if you don’t have direct deposit (there’s other terms to keep from getting the $1 fee).

• Carol says:

Where can I find a list of small businesses that this will work on? I will register my dad since I don’t have an AmEx card.