Entertain the Family & Get a Good Laugh with Telestrations
Hip2Save may earn a small commission at no extra cost to you via trusted partners and affiliate links in this post. Prices and availability are accurate as of time posted. Read our full disclosure policy here.
Note from Collin:
Do you have a product you love? We definitely have many favorite products and thought it would be FUN to share some of them with you! I personally love product recommendations and I’ve also had a few requests from readers, so I have asked each member of the team to think of products they love (cosmetics, kitchen gadgets etc.) and to write up a post that will be shared here every Tuesday. Angie, my sidekick, is sharing one of her favorites…
Hi all! It’s Angie here, one of Collin’s sidekicks!
We often get together with my entire family and one of the things we love to do is play games. One of our favorite games to play together is Telestrations. This is a great game for kids and adults alike and works well with larger groups (although you may need more than one game).
It is one of those mindless games that everyone can be involved in and doesn’t require too much thinking. The kiddos just have to be old enough to read (or have someone help them) to play.
To get started, everyone has a sketchbook and playing card. You roll the dice and everyone writes the word (found on the playing card) that corresponds with the number on the dice on the first page of the sketchbook. You then close the sketchbook and pass it to the next player.
The next person then looks ONLY at the sketch and they guess what they think the picture is and write it down on the third page. You continue this process until your sketchbook has made it around the circle and back to you. Each person only looking at either a sketch or the word, but never both.
Then each person takes a turn revealing their sketchbook – you start by reading what the word was when the game started and then show how the first person drew this word. You then read what the next person thought it was based on the picture they saw and show how the following person drew the word. You continue to do this until you have gone through each persons sketchbook.
This game has provided countless hours of fun and entertainment for my family and a LOT of laughs! You may start with the word elephant and by the time it has made the rounds, it comes back being a house. If your family enjoys playing games – this is definitely one to try. Even better, Target.com has this game on sale right now!
Did you see our other Try THIS Tuesday posts?
- Lina’s Favorite Product to Keep Brown Sugar Soft & Fresh
- Awesome Christmas Gift Idea for Toddler! This 5-Star Rated Game Makes Learning FUN…
- Angela’s Best Friend In A Bottle (Say Goodbye To Carpet Stains)
- Need Fitness Motivation? Check Out Why Mary Wears Her Apple Watch
- Check Out How Michelle Reached Adulthood
- Angela’s Favorite Phone Accessory
- Inside This Pretty Purple Bag Is Michelle’s Favorite Treat
- Jessica’s Favorite Hard Water Cleaner
- Lina Likes to Grill Ribs Using Smoker Bags – Simple, Flavorful & NO Dishes to Clean
- Erica Can’t Live Without THESE Ceramic Salt & Pepper Grinders
- Angie’s Favorite Socks
- Kimberly’s Favorite Non-Clumping Mascara
- Mary’s Favorite At-Home Gel Manicure Kit
- Michelle’s Favorite & Inexpensive Curly Hair Care Products
- Kimberly’s Favorite Cosmetics (AND Some Tips!)
- Angela’s Favorite Hair Brush
- Lina Likes to Keep an Eye on Her Nest
- Mary’s Favorite Kitchen Gadget
- Angie’s Favorite Grooming Tools
- Erica’s Favorite Bathroom Gadgets for Toddlers
- Hannah’s Favorite Natural Sunscreen
- Bryn Can’t Live Without Her Scrub Daddy
- Collin Can’t Live Without THIS Peanut Butter on Her Spoon
- Jessica Can’t Take Her Dogs on a Walk Without THIS Leash Coupler
- Lightbox Messages For Your Home Or Office ~ SO FUN!
- Angie’s Favorite Clothing Stain Fighter