Apple and Grape Waldorf Salad
Try this easy and delicious sweet Waldorf Salad! It can be served as a dessert, snack, or even a great potluck side dish for a family brunch. Plus, it can be made ahead of time and travels well.
yield: 8 SERVINGS
Sweet and crunchy waldorf salad is always a party hit at every event, make this delicious recipe for your guest!
- 5 red and yellow delicious apples, diced (unpeeled)
- 1 8-ounce can pineapple tidbits (drained)
- 1 cup seedless red or green grapes cut in half
- 1 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
For the Dressing:
- 1/2 cup sugar (or substitute with Splenda)
- 1/2 cup pineapple juice
- 1/2 cup cream or evaporated milk
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- 1 Tablespoon flour
- 1 8-ounce carton Cool Whip whipped topping or favorite whipped cream
I ended up using the canned crushed pineapple with 100% pineapple juice – when you drain the can, it equals about 1/2 cup juice which is the perfect amount! I also used whipping cream for the 1/2 cup cream and it came out great. My kids are funny about the texture of walnuts so I kept those on the side. This a wonderful sweet and creamy treat plus it’s so easy!
- Cream Cheese Caramel Apple Spread
- Caramel Chocolate Apple Slices
- Homemade Thin Mints (Easy No Bake Cookie)