These Caramel Chocolate Apple Slices are So Easy to Eat!
Hip2Save may earn a small commission via affiliate links in this post. Read our full disclosure policy here.
Make these easy to eat caramel chocolate apple slices for dessert this fall!
Fall is here, which means it’s candy apple season!
If you love a yummy candy apple, but find it almost impossible to enjoy without struggling, we’ve got a great solution with caramel chocolate apple slices!
Try this simple idea of slicing apples, and then dipping them in chocolate and drizzling with caramel. The result is an easy-to-make fall treat the family can all enjoy. 😋
This awesome autumn treat only requires five ingredients, including green apples (Granny Smith would be great here), chocolate pieces to melt, caramel squares, cake pop sticks, and any desired toppings you’d like such as chopped nuts, pretzels, sprinkles, coconut shavings, or anything else!
Some helpful tips for making Caramel Chocolate Apple Slices:
- Be sure to soak up excess juice from apples with a paper towel – the chocolate WILL NOT stick to wet apples. If the chocolate becomes clumpy, try re-melting for a few seconds and stirring again. You want a thin shiny consistency for best results.
- Use cake pop sticks to make your apple slices easy to hold and eat! It also makes it easier to dip.
- If you prefer no apple core at all, just cut out the core first and do normal apple slices. The result would be a different shape than mine yet big enough to still dip and enjoy.
- I really liked using Ghiradelli chocolate melting wafers. If you decide to substitute chocolate chips, which is also a great choice, it helps to add a little coconut or vegetable oil when melting to get a smooth consistency.
- I would skip milk chocolate and use anything with a high cocoa content, which is why I recommend using Ghiradelli. Milk chocolate can be difficult to work with and may not stick to your apples.
- Don’t add the apples while the chocolate is super hot, and if you miss any pieces when dipping, try coating the chocolate over the apples with a dry paintbrush.
- If you end up with extra apples and don’t plan to eat them right away, you can try slicing them and putting them in an oven at low temperature or dehydrator to dry them out for apply chips!
Dipped Caramel Chocolate Apple Slices
yield: 12 SERVINGS
prep time: 15 MINUTES
cook time: 20 MINUTES
total time: 35 MINUTES
Make these fun dessert snacks for your next party! Kid-approved and your guest will love the fun toppings.
- 3 large green apples, sliced into 3/4 inch thick pieces
- cake pop sticks
- 10 oz. chocolate melting pieces, such as Ghirardelli Chocolate Melting Wafers (not milk chocolate)
- 1 cup unwrapped caramel candy squares plus 1 teaspoon cream (I used vanilla coffee creamer)
- any desired toppings, such as chopped nuts, pretzels, candy bars, sprinkles, etc.
These would make a really fun party treat or even a nice weekend dessert. My family really enjoyed eating them.
Let us know if you’ve made these caramel apple slices; they’re sure to be a fan favorite! 🍏