Caramel Chocolate Apple Slices (Easy to Eat)
Love caramel apples, but find them to be kind of a pain to make and to eat?
Try this simple idea of slicing apples, and then dipping them in chocolate and drizzling with caramel! The result is an easy to make Fall treat the family can all enjoy!
Dipped Caramel Chocolate Apple Slices
yield: 10 SERVINGS
prep time: 15 MINUTES
cook time: 20 MINUTES
total time: 35 MINUTES
Make these fun dessert snacks for your next party! Kid approved and your guest will love the fun toppings. Recipe adapted from DomesticallyBlissful.com
- 3 Large Green Apples, sliced into 3/4 inch thick pieces
- 10 oz. Chocolate Melting Pieces, such as Ghirardelli Chocolate Melting Wafers
- 1 cup wrapped Caramel Candy Squares plus 1 teaspoon cream (I used vanilla coffee creamer)
- Any Desired toppings such as chopped nuts, pretzels, candy bars, sprinkles, etc.
- cake pop sticks
- Be sure to soak up excess juice using a paper towel from apples, or the chocolate WILL NOT stick to wet apples. If the chocolate becomes clumpy, try re-melting for a few seconds and stirring again. You want a thin shiny consistency for best results.
- Use cake pop sticks to make your apple slices easy to hold and eat! It also makes it easier to dip.
- I really liked the chocolate melting wafers. if you decide to substitute chocolate chips it helps to add a little coconut or vegetable oil when melting to get a smooth consistency.
- If you prefer no apple core at all, just cut out core first and do normal apples slices. The result would be a different shape than mine, but big enough to still fit a candy stick inside.
These would make a really fun party treat! My family really enjoyed eating them.