This Avocado Chicken Salad Requires Only 3 Ingredients!
Hip2Save may earn a small commission at no extra cost to you via trusted partners and affiliate links in this post. Prices and availability are accurate as of time posted. Read our full disclosure policy here.
Upgrade your lunch with this 3-ingredient Avocado Chicken Salad!
Looking for a super easy and yummy way to use leftover chicken?
Try this easy avocado chicken salad for a healthy and flavorful alternative to traditional chicken salad! It’s so simple to make.
Just replace mayo with creamy fresh ripe avocado, and you can serve this 3-ingredient meal on bread, croissants, pita, lettuce leaves, or on top of an additional sliced avocado.
Costco rotisserie chicken for the win!
The idea for this recipe occurred to me one day when I had surprise guests over and wanted to make a quick lunch. All I had in the fridge was a Costco rotisserie chicken and some ripe avocados on the counter. I managed to find some cilantro and then put together these quick and simple chicken salad sandwiches!
The sandwiches were SO TASTY, and I think everyone was surprised to hear this chicken salad had just three main ingredients.
So today, I’m excited to share this delicious idea with you as a simple and delicious meal to make for your family.
Hip tips for making this 3-ingredient Avocado Chicken Salad:
- The secret for selecting the perfectly ripe avocado is that it will yield to firm gentle pressure when squeezed. If it feels super mushy to the touch, then it’s over-ripe.
- If you’re worried about the avocado browning, you could try mixing some fresh lime juice into your avocado chicken salad. Lime fits perfectly with the flavor profile of the other ingredients in this recipe, and its citric acid will help to slow the browning of the avocado.
Avocado Chicken Salad
Make this creamy avocado chicken salad for your quick lunch meal!
- 2 cups shredded chicken (I used rotisserie chicken)
- 1 large avocado, cored & chopped
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- Salt & pepper to taste
This is seriously so EASY to throw together and so versatile!
Chicken salad is definitely a favorite of mine! I love that this recipe offers a basic foundation. You can prepare it as is or change it up a bit by adding red onion or walnuts for a crunchy texture, a few tablespoons of Greek yogurt for added creaminess, or additional seasoning like cumin garlic powder. What do you like in your chicken salad?
Do you love making up recipes with leftover shredded chicken?
The Rotisserie Chicken Cookbook is filled with rotisserie recipes to save you time and money!
Get the party started with these easy Chicken Parmesan Sliders.