Make Easy Air Fryer Bagel Chips w/ Day Old Bagels
Hip2Save may earn a small commission at no extra cost to you via trusted partners and affiliate links in this post. Prices and availability are accurate as of time posted. Read our full disclosure policy here.
Instead of tossing extra bagels that may be slightly stale, consider slicing them up to make crunchy air fryer bagel chips!
Everything bagel fans will love this easy air fryer snack.
Learn how to make insanely delicious bagel chips using leftover bagels from the bakery! The result is a crisp, buttery seasoned bagel chip you can use as a dipper for hummus or cream cheese dips, or by itself as a satisfying snack. The best part is this bagel chips recipe takes just a few ingredients and utilizes one of my fav appliances – the air fryer!
I love these packaged everything bagel chips found at my local grocery store, however, they are a little pricey. The other day I found myself with a few leftover bagels and decided to make my own bagel chips.
They turned out so similar to store-bought ones, and so easy to make at home!
Everything Bagel Chips
yield: 4 SERVINGS
prep time: 10 MINUTES
cook time: 5 MINUTES
total time: 15 MINUTES
Bagel slices get turned into buttery crispy bagel chips in just a few minutes using the air fryer! Perfect for a snack or dipper.
- 1 whole bagel
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon everything bagel seasoning
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese, grated
Use a knife to cut your bagel into thin 1/8 inch slices or "chips".
Brush melted butter on the front and back of each slice. Place them in the air fryer in a single layer.
Sprinkle chips with everything bagel seasoning and parmesan cheese.
Cook in the air fryer at 350 degrees for 5-6 minutes until browned and crisp. Turn them over halfway through cook time. Serve alone or as a dipper with hummus or cream cheese dip.
Tips for making everything bagel chips:
- If you want to make these in the oven, I am sure that would work too. Place your slices on a baking sheet and try baking at 350 for 8-10 minutes until browned. This would be a great way to make a larger batch.
- Consider making a sweet version! I bet adding butter, cinnamon, and sugar to a raisin bagel would be yummy!
- If you don’t want to use butter, olive oil or another favorite oil would work great.
- I added some store-bought everything bagel seasoning. Check out our homemade everything bagel seasoning recipe if you’d like to make your own!
Oh my gosh, that buttery crunch is fantastic!
These have lots of flavor and are so impressive. They honestly turned out way better than I thought and are similar to a large crouton, YUM.
If you need an idea of what to serve with bagel chips, I paired them with my favorite homemade hummus recipe.
The hummus recipe is SO easy!
- 15 oz. can chickpeas, drained (reserve 2 tablespoons of liquid)
- 3 tablespoons tahini
- 1 clove garlic or 1 teaspoon minced from a jar
- juice from 1/2 a lemon
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (or more to taste)
Directions: Blend all together until creamy. Smooth onto a small plate and add a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil. Serve with pita chips or veggie dippers for a quick and delicious snack!
Make my everything bagel chicken tenders in the air fryer next!
Hello! I can’t wait to try this recipe in my air fryer! Would you tell me the temperature for the air fryer? I see for the oven it is 350°. Is it the same for the air fryer? Thank you!!
Yes, 350. I need to fix that real quick – Thanks Sonya!!
Thank you so much!! You are fabulous!
Aww thanks Sonya! Enjoy these ❤️🙌🏼