We Tried The Viral Melted Feta Pasta From TikTok and OMG… It’s AMAZING!
Hip2Save may earn a small commission via affiliate links in this post. Read our full disclosure policy here.
The other day, I let TikTok tell me what to make for dinner and this feta pasta did not disappoint!
If you’re in the mood for a super EASY to make pasta-based dish that’s creamy, cheesy, and over-the-top comforting, you’ve come to the right place. This viral and insanely delicious recipe uses a block of feta cheese and tomatoes, making it the perfect addition to add to your easy and inexpensive quarantine meal rotation!
I was curious to try it for myself and my family LOVED how this pasta tasted alongside the tender pieces of roasted tomato, garlic, and creamy melted feta cheese. It’s all such a tasty combo I would have never thought of and is my new favorite meatless meal idea!
How did this trendy TikTok baked feta pasta come about?
According to HuffingtonPost.com, the idea called “Uuni Feta Pasta” originated in Finland by a few chefs, and was made popular by a few food bloggers there, like this Instagram and TikTok post from Jenni Hayrinen. The word “Uuni” translates to oven in Finland. Rumor has it, this popular idea even caused a feta shortage there in 2019. 😱
I appreciate the simple pantry staples used in this melted feta dish.
The star players here are feta cheese, olive oil, garlic, cherry tomatoes, and the pasta of choice to add-in after baking. You may even already have these at home! The beauty of this idea is that you can pretty much not really use a recipe and just “eyeball” ingredient amounts and create it according to taste by adding in any other seasonings and veggies you’d like.
I am using a box of bow-tie pasta here, but you can use any shape of pasta including spaghetti, penne, and rotini to name a few.
Tips for making the best TikTok melted feta pasta:
- In a rush? Try using the stove instead! I have read you can skip the oven and melt the ingredients on the stove using a saucepan for a faster version instead of roasting in the oven. I have not tested that method, but could see it working out too for a similar variation!
- This idea is so versatile and can easily be adapted to taste. I seasoned mine with Italian seasoning, added chopped onion, bell pepper, and chili flakes. I think adding grilled chicken or shrimp would be awesome too!
- Have any leftovers? This can be stored in a covered container for up to 4 days, and I can vouch that it reheats well for a quick meal.
Bake Feta Cheese Pasta
yield: 5 SERVINGS
prep time: 10 MINUTES
cook time: 30 MINUTES
total time: 40 MINUTES
Fresh tomatoes, Greek feta cheese, garlic, and olive oil get baked in a casserole dish to make a creamy & flavorful sauce for pasta!
- 1 1/2 pints cherry tomatoes (15 oz.)
- 1 bell pepper, roughly chopped
- 1/2 a medium onion, chopped
- 4 cloves fresh garlic, sliced
- 1/4 cup olive oil, divided
- 7 oz. block of Greek feta cheese
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 12 ounces dried bow tie pasta, or pasta of choice
- garnish: fresh basil
This baked feta pasta is 100% worth the hype!
In fact, baked feta pasta may just be my favorite comforting quarantine meal yet! My family loves this idea and we’ve already made it several times. This could also be a yummy side dish for a larger family or crowd alongside a piece of fish, steak, or chicken. Really the options are endless, and I’d love to hear if you have made this for your family yet? Let us know in the comments!
My teammate Jenna had this reaction after making this baked feta dish:
“This turned out WONDERFUL! What a fun and easy recipe. I love how you bake everything together then mix the pasta in – the flavor is fantastic! I couldn’t find a block of feta so I used crumbled and it worked great!”