Make These Baked Honey BBQ Chicken Wings for Game Day
As an Amazon Associate, Hip2Save earns a small commission from qualifying purchases in this post. Prices and availability are accurate as of time posted. Read our full disclosure policy here.
These honey BBQ wings are the perfect game-day baked chicken wings.
Love restaurant-style chicken wings?
Chicken wings are one of my family’s favorite appetizers to order at restaurants, and yet they are honestly super simple and money-saving to make at home! These are perfect for snacking on during the big game, and really easy enough to bake any day of the week.
Gooey baked honey BBQ wings are a family FAVE!
My kids never cared for traditional Buffalo wing sauce when they were younger because of the spice level; however, they could always take down a plate of honey BBQ flavor at any time, so it’s a family favorite for sure.
These deliciously sweet and smoky honey BBQ wings are baked to perfection in the oven and the result is a tender chicken wing on the inside and a crispy, sticky sauced texture on the outside. Dip them in some ranch or blue cheese dressing for a fantastic snack or meal.
Eating Keto? Check out these easy keto Buffalo chicken wings using the air fryer on Hip2Keto.com.
Honey BBQ Baked Chicken Wings
yield: 4 SERVINGS
prep time: 15 MINUTES
cook time: 40 MINUTES
total time: 55 MINUTES
Oven-baked crispy chicken wings with a satisfying sticky honey BBQ sauce.
For the chicken wings:
- 18 chicken wings (raw, thawed)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
For the sauce:
- 1 cup barbecue sauce, preferably Hickory Smoke Flavor
- 1/2 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 tablespoons hot sauce (I love Sriracha sauce!)
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
Tips for making fantastic honey BBQ chicken wings:
- For optimum crispness, I recommend baking wings on a cooking rack stacked on top of a baking sheet pan so they crisp up well on both sides and cook evenly. For easy clean-up, use parchment paper.
- I buy a huge bag of frozen chicken wings at Costco and keep them in a deep freezer outside. When we are in the mood for wings, it’s easy to take some out to thaw in the fridge!
- If you’d like a spicy sauce, feel free to add more hot sauce to taste or use a spicy BBQ sauce! Wings are very easy to adapt.
- Crispy chicken wings are also easy to make using the air fryer! Place about 10 of them in the basket in a single layer and cook for around 30 minutes at 370 degrees.
We reserved some of the sauce for dipping, and it was excellent. I hope you enjoy these honey BBQ wings as much as my family does!
These four cheese dips are another tantalizing appetizer to make for game day!