This is the Best Rolled Sugar Cookie Dough Recipe to Use This Season!
Who doesn’t love a soft and chewy classic sugar cookie recipe?
Sugar cookies are so easy to make at home and don’t require a ton of ingredients. Making rolled cut out sugar cookies is such a fun activity to do with the kids and perfect for every holiday!
If you have ever been disappointed when taking the time to roll out cookies and they come out wonky, check out this simple recipe that’s one of my all-time favorites!
Homemade sugar cookies are the best dessert!
This is the recipe I use every year. It makes gorgeous cookie cutter-shaped cookies that are both delicious and easy to make. I love that these cookies come out soft, chewy, buttery, and perfect every time!
Tips for making rolled sugar cookies with this easy dough recipe:
- Great sugar cookies take chilling time, so be sure to allow for that. This will help them keep their beautiful cookie cutter shape and not spread so much.
- Sugar cookie dough freezes well! You can make this recipe up to 3 months ahead of time, store it in a freezer bag, and then thaw out when you want to bake cookies. You can also cover and store baked sugar cookies in the freezer too. When ready, take them out of the freezer to thaw and decorate.
- If there’s a nut allergy, be sure to omit the almond extract. We love the fancy bakery taste the almond extract gives these cookies, but it’s easy to leave out.
- Prep a baking sheet pan with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat. This will ensure your cookies won’t stick to the pan.
Sugar Cookie Dough for Cut Out Cookies
yield: 16 SERVINGS
prep time: 20 MINUTES
cook time: 15 MINUTES
total time: 35 MINUTES
This is the perfect sugar cookie dough for cut out cookies! You'll love the flavor and simplicity of this easy to mold cookie dough.
- 2 sticks unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup confectioner’s sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp almond extract
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
Grab a glass of cold milk and enjoy a soft homemade cookie!
There’s nothing better than a soft, chewy sugar cookie. With this recipe, you’ll be making cookies like a pro for every holiday and occasion. Some of my best and messiest memories are in the kitchen decorating cookies with my kids as little ones, and we still enjoy this activity even though they are now teens!