Easy Skillet Nachos (Perfect for Grilling and Camping)
Hip2Save may earn a small commission at no extra cost to you via trusted partners and affiliate links in this post. Prices and availability are accurate as of time posted. Read our full disclosure policy here.
Enjoy some fun outdoor cooking with these Easy Campfire Skillet Nachos!
Who doesn’t love crispy nachos with layers of melted cheese and toppings?! These easy Campfire Skillet Nachos can be made over a campfire or on a BBQ grill. They are such a delicious appetizer, or even an easy meal to eat while camping, tailgating, or hanging out in your own backyard.
Keep these tips in mind when making campfire skillet nachos:
- Grab a 12-inch cast-iron skillet or a disposable baking pan. You’ll also need some aluminum foil to cover the top of your nachos.
- Prep ahead by cooking the ground beef with a taco seasoning packet, or use this easy recipe for homemade taco seasoning.
- Customize this recipe to your liking. Any of the ingredients can be altered or omitted, and of course, this can be made without meat if desired.
- Split the ingredients into two layers so that you’ll have toppings on all the chips.
- Place this skillet over the campfire or hot coals for about 15 minutes until the cheese is melted, or use your BBQ grill on medium heat.
yield: 4 SERVINGS
prep time: 15 MINUTES
cook time: 15 MINUTES
total time: 30 MINUTES
Melted cheese nachos with layers of taco-seasoned ground beef, beans, and other yummy toppings, cooked in a cast iron skillet.
For the Nachos:
- 12 oz bag of tortilla chips
- 1 pound ground beef, taco-seasoned & cooked
- 2 cups Mexican blend cheese, shredded
- 15.5 oz. can pinto beans, drained
- 15 oz. can Southwest flavored corn and peppers, drained
- small can sliced olives
- small can sliced jalapenos
- 3 green onions, sliced
- 1/2 cup salsa
Nacho average camping meal!
Cooking outside is so much fun! I love unique camping recipes, and this one is such a winner. It’s versatile, it’s easily customized, the result is an irresistible skillet of zesty nachos that’s sure to be a hit with the entire family!
You can also easily prepare and serve these nachos individually by placing them inside a foil packet. We’ve done this before, and each person enjoyed creating their own combination of toppings to be melted over a campfire or on the grill. It was both a delicious meal and a fun memory of cooking outside with the whole family.
If you’ll be making meals outdoors anytime soon, you should definitely try these Campfire Skillet Nachos. Our family loves them, and I think yours will too!