Love homemade cinnamon rolls, but not quite a fan of the work involved?
Here’s an easy shortcut that requires very little hands on time in the kitchen and results in delicious warm and gooey cinnamon rolls from your oven at home!
In case you haven’t tried frozen bread dough, it tastes so much like homemade and is a great starter for cinnamon rolls. I also made a quick cream cheese glaze for the top, but you could use a different icing if desired. This is a great basic recipe that you can easily add to if your family prefers nuts and/or raisins etc.
Cinnamon Rolls from Frozen Bread Dough
Adapted from allrecipes.com
One 1 lb. frozen bread loaf, defrosted
3 Tablespoons butter
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 and 1/2 teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
1/3 cup Heavy Whipping Cream *Optional
For cream cheese glaze:
3 Tablespoons Cream Cheese, softened
2/3 cup sifted confectioners’ sugar
2 tablespoons milk, or more as needed
dash of vanilla extract
- Sprinkle surface area with flour.
- Roll out defrosted loaf of bread into a long rectangle.
- Spread melted butter on top of dough, followed by brown sugar and cinnamon.
- Start from the longer end and roll up dough.
- Cut about 12 slices across.
- Place rolls into a greased cake pan or casserole pan.
- Cover rolls and let rise until they double in size for about 1 & 1/2 hours.
- Drizzle 1/3 cup heavy cream over top (optional but yummy!)
- Bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes.
- Whisk together cream cheese, milk, powdered sugar, and Vanilla until glaze is formed. Add milk to get desired thickness.
- Drizzle over rolls.
These turn out AWESOME and are definitely a crowd pleaser for sure! The cream makes them extra delicious and helps them not dry out at all.
My sister-in-law uses this method and shared that these are so easy that she just estimates the amounts of sugar, butter, etc and they always turn out great. She makes them for morning tailgating games as well as special occasion holidays and they ROCK!
Written by Lina for Hip2Save. Lina is a proud mom of 2 small kids who loves photography, all holidays, cooking, thrift store makeovers, bargain shopping, and DIY makeovers. Her goal is to create a beautiful life and stylish home on a dime! To see all of Lina’s DIY/Crafts created just for Hip2Save, click here.