Southwest Chili With Ranch Style Beans – Best Comfort Food Meal!
Hip2Save may earn a small commission via affiliate links in this post. Read our full disclosure policy here.
This chili with ranch-style beans recipe is always a hit!
Ready for a unique twist to traditional beef and tomato chili?
This easy recipe has ranch beans, Rotel tomatoes, and lots of onions and cilantro for a yummy dinner the entire family will love! Top it with cheese, crunchy Fritos chips, and creamy sour cream for an over-the-top chili experience.
First off, let me shout out my love for Black Label Ranch Style Beans!
These are a staple in my pantry as they are so great as a side dish with burgers or steaks, and I also use them for making nachos, tacos, and now chili! The sauce is unique and so flavorful.
My mom simmers these beans with cilantro and a ham hock on the stove or in the slow cooker for some awesome and easy-to-make beans at all our family gatherings, and they rock! 🤤
This chili is inspired by the Gaines Family Chili recipe from the Magnolia Table cookbook that I first made a few years ago. I’ve tweaked it since and added things in here and there such as bell pepper, only one can of Rotel, Worcestershire sauce, and added seasonings.
Tips for making chili with ranch style beans:
- Make this recipe in the slow cooker by cooking the meat and veggies on a skillet first, transferring to a slow cooker, and then adding the remaining ingredients. Cook it on low for a few hours until everything is simmered and delicious!
- If you love extra spicy meals, consider grabbing the jalapeño variety of the Black Label Ranch Style Beans, or add in a few chopped jalapeños to taste!
- I didn’t include any extra broth in this recipe because it really doesn’t need it. The ingredients cook down into a flavorful broth on their own and it’s more of a chunky hearty chili. If you want a brothy chili then add in cup or two of beef broth as desired.
Southwest Chili with Ranch Style Beans
yield: 6 SERVINGS
prep time: 15 MINUTES
cook time: 30 MINUTES
total time: 45 MINUTES
Ground beef, ranch-style beans, cilantro, and Southwestern flavors make this hearty chili irresistible!
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 bell pepper, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2- 10 oz. cans Black Label Ranch Beans, undrained
- 10 oz. can Rotel diced tomatoes and green chiles, undrained
- 10 oz can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon dried chili powder
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 cup chopped cilantro
- salt & pepper
- topping suggestions: Fritos, cheese, and sour cream
It’s a bowl of warm comfort food!
Easy one-pot meals like this are my favorite. This hearty ranch-style chili hits the spot, especially when the weather is cold outside and you can pile on the yummy toppings.
Have a pot of this simmering on the stove to watch football and it’ll be a perfect evening in. Enjoy!
Here’s what my teammate Chelsey had to say about this chili with ranch style beans recipe:
“This ranch-style chili is delicious and so easy to make. Chili is definitely a comfort food in my home and with cold weather here and even a forecast of snow, this is now a staple on my weekly menu. Plus, chili is great for meal prepping and you can even freeze it if you have leftovers!”