Make the Delicious TikTok Famous Chopped Italian Sandwich Today!
Hip2Save may earn a small commission at no extra cost to you via trusted partners and affiliate links in this post. Prices and availability are accurate as of time posted. Read our full disclosure policy here.
Instead of layering deli meats and cheeses, chop up all the components of an antipasto salad to make this viral chopped Italian sandwich.
Let’s level up your next lunchtime sandwich experience! 🥗🥖
Here’s a mouthwatering easy meal idea to consider. Let’s combine all the juicy oil and vinaigrette tastes of a meat and cheese chopped salad into a creative sub sandwich. It’s basically a quick salad served in a bun and is such a genius TikTok sandwich idea.
The chopped Italian sandwich has been trending for a while on social media!
I am so excited to finally take some time to try this, as it’s been on my list of things to try since watching this TikTok video. The result is a crunchy satisfying sub with chopped lettuce, three deli meats, cheese, mayo, and peperoncini peppers.
The oil and vinegarette throw it over the top into Italian heaven. I also added Italian dressing and olives. The best part is you can totally customize this to your taste.
Italian Chopped Sub Sandwiches
yield: 2 SERVINGS
prep time: 10 MINUTES
total time: 10 MINUTES
Lettuce, veggies, deli meats, and condiments gets chopped together and served on a hoagie roll.
- 1/2 a small head of iceberg lettuce
- handful of cherry tomatoes
- 3-4 slices red onion
- 2 large slices deli ham
- 3 slices deli salami
- 3 slices deli pepperoni
- 3 slices provolone cheese
- 4 peperoncini peppers
- 1/4 cup sliced olives
- drizzle of olive oil
- drizzle of red wine vinegar
- 1-2 teaspoons mayonaise
- pinch of salt & pepper
Tips for making Italian chopped sandwiches:
- You can use a large knife and cutting board to chop all this up. I however used my favorite pizza rocker-slicing tool and found it to be so useful here! My blade is no longer available, but here is a similar version via Amazon.com. It makes this process a cinch!
- Honestly, you can season and add as many of these ingredients as you’d like. This is just a suggestion and can be catered to taste.
- If you’d like to prep all this ahead of time, consider holding back the dressing and condiments until ready to serve. Just chop the lettuce, meat, and veggies and store them in the fridge until you’d like to make a hogie sandwich!
- The iceberg lettuce is super crunchy and satisfying, but feel free so use some romain or other favorite lettuce.
Want to make a low-carb or keto version?!
Consider using a keto-friendly wrap such as a Crepini egg cauliflower wrap instead of the hoagie roll! You could also just eat the filling as a yummy salad.
Wow, this whole chopped Italian salad recipe idea is perfect!
We’ve been doing sandwiches all wrong because this tastes so right. It’s crunchy, hearty, and so darn GOOD! The vinegar and savory tastes are delicious.
Have you tried this idea yet? Let us know in the comments!