How to Make Easy Cookie Cups Using a Muffin Pan
Hip2Save may earn a small commission at no extra cost to you via trusted partners and affiliate links in this post. Prices and availability are accurate as of time posted. Read our full disclosure policy here.
Use this easy kitchen tip to make all kinds of delicious cookie cups as a quick dessert idea for your family!
Do you love a good cookie dough hack to save time and effort?!
In the past, we have featured the idea of baking a giant cookie cake with packaged cookie dough, and today I am excited to share how to make cookie cups using a 12-cup muffin pan! I cannot believe how easy this is and would be such a fun activity to have the kids help with.
Check out my Instagram video which shows ya just how simple this idea is!
Cookie cups are such an easy and versatile idea.
The best part is you can fill your cookie with any sort of toppings you desire. Feel free to also use any type of cookie dough you’d like as well! There are so many unique flavor combinations you can come up with.
Check out a few cookie cup recipe ideas I tried and loved:
- Top them with chocolate frosting and sprinkles.
- Add a scoop of ice cream to your cookie cup.
- After baking, place marshmallows and pieces of chocolate on top of your cookie cups. Bake again for a couple of additional minutes to create s’mores!
- Bake sugar cookie cups as a fun variation. Add vanilla frosting and fresh berries to the top!
Easy Cookie Cups
yield: 12 SERVINGS
prep time: 10 MINUTES
cook time: 13 MINUTES
total time: 23 MINUTES
Create cookie cups to fill with various toppings or ice cream using a muffin pan and store-bought cookie dough.
- 16 oz. packaged cookie dough
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Grease a muffin pan or spray with nonstick baking spray.
Slice the cookie dough into 12 even slices. Place a slice into the bottom of each round.
Bake for 13-15 minutes until the middle is cooked. Remove from the oven and use a small cup to gently press down to make a cup shape.
Let cool for a couple of minutes and remove the cookie cups while still warm. Fill your cookie cups as desired with ice cream, frosting, or fruit.
Tips for baking the best cookie cup recipe:
- Be sure to grease your muffin pan before starting to prevent sticking. Note: If you have nonstick Caraway bakeware like mine, then no grease or spray is needed. SWEET!
- I used tubes of cookie dough, but you can use the kind with 24 squares. Simply add two squares of dough to each muffin round.
- Cooking times may vary a little so keep an eye on it towards the end of cook time. You want the middle to be cooked.
- It’s much easier to take out the cookies from the muffin pan while the dough is still warm. Don’t let them cool all the way in the pan, as it will be harder to remove.
What a fancy-looking treat that is actually super simple!
A warm cookie with ice cream was my personal favorite way to eat these. I love that my family was super impressed with DIY cookie cups and they are easy and fun to make.
What would you top your cookie cups with? Let us know in the comments!
Yum! My family has also always loved peanut butter cookies baked in a mini muffin tin with unwrapped mini Reese’s cups pressed in the center as soon as they come out of the oven 🤤
Those sound delicious too! Thanks so much for sharing your variation your family enjoys! 🍪🤗
Hi! What do you use to make the cookie shape once inside?
Hi Julie – I just used a litle condiment cup or really even the back of a spoon would work if you press down.