Must-Make Cherry Danish Recipe Using Store-Bought Biscuit Dough
Need a quick and easy holiday breakfast or treat?
Here’s a delicious recipe idea I’ve made many times over the years that always turns out yummy! These simple cherry “danish” type rolls use store-bought biscuit dough and cherry pie for convenience, and are so fun and EASY to bake at home.
I love that they taste a little bit fancy, yet require very little effort!
The result is a warm, rich, cherry & almond cream cheese danish with a flaky texture, and are perfectly festive and special for Christmas morning, or perhaps a special brunch throughout the year.
Tips for making the BEST semi-homemade cherry cheese danish:
- I love using almond extract in this recipe, but vanilla can of course be used instead. A reader suggested adding almond paste to the cream cheese and I think that’s a yummy idea also!
- This batch makes 16, however, most people can’t stop at just one, so I’d plan this for 8 people, and if you have leftovers, they are delicious warmed up in the air fryer!
- You will likely have extra of the canned pie filling so consider buying another package of rolls and doubling the cream cheese mixture to make a double batch!
Easy Cherry Cream Cheese Danish
yield: 16 SERVINGS
prep time: 10 MINUTES
cook time: 15 MINUTES
total time: 25 MINUTES
Use flaky biscuit dough to make these simple & delicious cherry cream cheese danishes as a treat or brunch recipe!
For the danish::
- 1 package flaky biscuit dough (such as Pillsbury Grands)
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 8 oz bar of cream cheese, softened
- 1 teaspoon almond extract (you can also substitute vanilla extract)
- 21 oz. can of cherry pie filling
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
Powdered sugar glaze (optional)::
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
Walk in with a tray of warm cherry cheese danish and your family will perk up!
This has become a requested family favorite, and it’s so easy my kids can make them now that they are older. Not only are they stunning to look at, but they taste so delicious as well! My husband thinks these are so much better than the pans of danish from the grocery store bakery we used to buy, and I have to agree!
Pair one with a cup of coffee, and enjoy!
I sure hope these get you in the holiday mood, and I’m wishing you all a Merry Christmas. 🎄