Dress Up Your Favorite Appetizers with this Festive Holiday Hack
Hip2Save may earn a small commission at no extra cost to you via trusted partners and affiliate links in this post. Prices and availability are accurate as of time posted. Read our full disclosure policy here.
Need a simple holiday appetizer idea for Christmas parties with no cooking involved?!
Consider re-purposing a tree-shaped cake pan as a festive appetizer tray using meat & cheese, sliced veggies, or chopped fruit! This is a handy tip that I’ve been using for a few years now, and I love the result every time.
If you’d like to compile something special without spending a ton of time in the kitchen, try this trick!
The only real “work” for these festive trays is cutting up veggies, fruit, or meat & cheese pieces. Then you can arrange food in rows like a decorated Christmas tree for a beautiful display that looks fancy but is actually super easy to accomplish!
Tips for making a Christmas tree appetizer platter:
- I own these Wilton brand Christmas tree cake pans and store them with my holiday decor bins so I can get them out each year. I love that they pull double duty as a cake pan and Christmas tray. It’s available now for just $5.99 at Bed, Bath, & Beyond! You could likely find something similar at a local thrift store, Dollar Tree, or craft store, too!
- This same idea can be applied to make lots of different holiday appetizers, such as a fruit tray with cut up pieces of fruit, veggies trays, and also to serve smaller-sized Christmas cookies and candies.
- To save on time, compile your tray the day before and store it covered in the fridge for a convenient make-ahead idea.
- Use rosemary or other fresh green herbs for festive Christmas tree dividers as I did on my meat and cheese appetizer! Our rosemary bush in my yard comes in handy for this.
- If you have extra herbs and olives, arrange them on a side plate in a circle, and it will look like a pretty wreath!
No-fuss holiday ideas are the best!
This little cake pan hack is so easy, yet it looks like a lot of time and effort was put into your snack. I brought the fruit trays one year to a family party and also included a yummy 3-ingredient fruit dip using marshmallow fluff served on the side. It was such a big hit and was pretty simple and quick to compile beforehand. Enjoy!
Need more holiday appetizer ideas?
If you’re looking for more great ideas for holiday appetizers, we’ve got ya covered!