Love easy foil packet meals?
Try these delicious Sausage & Veggie Foil Packets for an excellent backyard grilling or camping meal idea. They have a wonderful texture and flavor, plus there are no dishes to do afterwards!
Grilled veggies are my favorite and this idea doesn’t disappoint.
It’s worth noting how easy it’d be to customize and swap out different veggies or spices to suit your family’s taste. Vegetarians can even skip the sausage for a tasty grilled veggie dinner idea!
Sausage & Veggies Foil Packets
Adapted from ChelseasMessyKitchen.com , Serves 4-5
- 12 oz. package of smoked sausage
- 2 bell peppers
- 1 zucchini
- 1/2 purple onion
- 3 medium Yukon gold potatoes
- 2 ears of corn
- 4 tablespoons of olive oil
- Spices: 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder, 1 teaspoon paprika, 1 teaspoon oregano ,1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes, Salt & Pepper to taste
- Chop veggies and sausage into bite size pieces, and the corn into thirds or quarters.
- In a large bowl toss all with olive oil and spices.
- Assemble packets by first stacking two pieces of tin foil, adding sausage & veggies on top, and sealing it with a top layer of foil, pressing the edges together.
- Grill over medium heat for about 16-20 minutes until veggies are crisp tender.
- Remove from grill and serve.
- When building my foil packets, I actually lined my foil with a piece of parchment paper then spooned food on top of it because I dislike when food sticks to foil. (Just personal preference and optional.)
- This amount of food made about 5 packets.
I lOVED these Sausage & Veggie Foil packets!
This meal was a hit with my family and I can definitely see us making it again while camping or tailgating. It’d be an easy meal to prep ahead at home by cutting all the ingredients and storing it in a large freezer bag, then compiling while at camp. So easy & delicious!
Written by Lina for Hip2Save. Lina is a proud mom of 2 kids who loves photography, all holidays, cooking, thrift store makeovers, bargain shopping, and DIY makeovers. Her goal is to create a beautiful life and stylish home on a dime! To see all of Lina’s DIY/Crafts created just for Hip2Save, click here.