Homemade Otter Pops (Blueberry Coconut and Mango Carrot Recipes)
You otter make these!
If your kids beg for Otter Pops every day or just love a refreshing summer treat during the summer, we’re sharing an easy way to make your own quick and simple homemade version!
The best part about our homemade recipe is that you can even customize them with healthier dye-free ingredients according to the flavors your kids love. You can also use whatever fruit and juice combinations you happen to have in your fridge or freezer.
Make them ahead of time and pack as a portable snack in a lunchbox with a freezer pack!
Before getting started, I highly recommend purchasing these Zipzicle Zip-Top Ice-Pop Pouches – you can score an 18, 36, or 100 pack, and each pouch holds approximately 2.5 ounces. I wash these pouches in soapy water and then rinse and air-dry them after each use so they can be re-used.
However, if you’re looking for something even more earth-friendly and easier to clean, you can opt for some dishwasher-safe reusable silicone molds!
Here are a few tips when making and enjoying your homemade Otter Pops:
- Use a turkey baster or batter pen to fill the pouches. You could also carefully used a Pyrex measuring glass with a spout.
- The key is to place the pouch standing up in a jar or tall cup and to open pouch all the way up to loosen the plastic before pouring; otherwise, the liquid may come back up and make a mess.
- After filling each pouch, I placed all the pouches standing up straight in a plastic cup and froze them in the cup overnight.
- When you are ready to enjoy, just unzip the top, and push up like an Otter Pop!
Homemade Otter Pops
yield: 12 SERVINGS
prep time: 6 MINUTES
total time: 6 MINUTES
Make these yummy ice-cold treats for your hot summer days! The kids will love them and it's an awesome & healthy way to cool down.
- 2 cups blueberries
- 1 cup pure coconut water
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 2 tbsp honey
- 3 mangoes, peeled & chopped
- 1 cup pineapple juice
- 1/2 cup carrot juice
- 2 tbsp honey
Whether you call them Otter pops, freeze pops, ice lollies, or another name, the whole family is going to love this delicious and refreshing summer treat! Plus, they’re so much fun to make! Enjoy!