Make Homemade Peppermint Cookies & Cream Ice Cream
Hip2Save may earn a small commission via affiliate links in this post. Read our full disclosure policy here.
Love homemade ice cream for dessert?
Get into the holiday spirit with creamy homemade peppermint cookies & cream ice cream! And yep, I added Oreo cookies, too, because chocolate and peppermint are winning combinations. 🙌 This is definitely a festive treat the entire family will LOVE, and it happens to taste like Buddy the Elf had something to do with it!
Homemade ice cream is THE BEST and so easy to make. Simply whisk together all the liquid ingredients and pour it into your ice cream maker.
Tips for making the best homemade peppermint ice cream:
- Use the peppermint extract sparingly (it’s strong) and gauge how minty you’d like your ice cream. I thought 1/2 teaspoon was perfect, but adjust to taste. I did add a couple of drops of red food coloring but omit if desired.
- Once the ice cream starts to firm up, then you’ll add your crushed up Oreo cookies and candy canes! After about 30-35 minutes in the maker, your ice cream will be frozen enough to serve as soft-serve ice cream. If you’d prefer a firmer texture, freeze for about an hour afterward.
- If ice cream is considered a food group in your family, this appliance is worth the investment. I have a Whynter 2.1 quart stainless steel ice cream maker and we LOVE it! There’s no pre-freezing a bowl with its built-in compressor, so you can make LEGIT ice cream in 30 minutes on a whim — BEST ICE CREAM MAKER EVER!
- Don’t own an ice cream maker? Here’s a no-churn recipe that seems similar via AllRecipes.com.
Peppermint Cookies & Cream Ice Cream
yield: 8 SERVINGS
prep time: 10 MINUTES
total time: 10 MINUTES
You'll be on Santa's nice list is you make him some yummy homemade ice cream featuring peppermint and Oreo cookies.
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 2 cups 2% milk
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 3 drops of red food coloring (optional)
- 10-12 Oreo cookies, crushed
- 3 candy canes, crushed
Peppermint + Oreo = Holiday Perfection
I mean, c’mon! There’s nothing better than creamy homemade ice cream! Cookies & Cream has always been my go-to flavor, and adding peppermint is perfect for the holidays. If you’re looking for a quick homemade ice cream recipe this season, give this one a try and let us know how it goes. Enjoy!