We Made the Viral Oreo Mug Cake Recipe From TikTok… & You Only Need 2-Ingredients!
Hip2Save may earn a small commission at no extra cost to you via trusted partners and affiliate links in this post. Prices and availability are accurate as of time posted. Read our full disclosure policy here.
You had me at rich chocolate cake…
If you like to enjoy a sweet treat after dinner but don’t want to spend hours baking, this oh-so-easy Oreo Mug Cake Dessert is just the quick fix you need. From the moment it went viral on TikTok, everyone and their mom has been trying out the chocolate lava cake recipe hack, and I can see why—it’s DELICIOUS!
Hip Recipe Tips:
- Mash your Oreos until they’re almost as fine as dust so your cake comes out nice and smooth.
- Add 1/4 teaspoon baking powder to make your mug cake fluffier!
- Want to fancy up your Oreo Mug Cake? Transfer it to a bowl and top with fruit and nuts!
- Use less milk for a thicker consistency or more for a creamier consistency.
Once you’ve added 3-4 tablespoons of milk to your Oreo crumbles, your mug cake is almost ready to enjoy. The fun part is customizing your dessert! Here are a few topping suggestions that won’t disappoint:
- Peanuts or almonds and strawberries—it’s like a PB&J Oreo cake🤤
- Gummy worms—perfect if you’re making your cake with kiddos!
- Whipped cream and a cherry—simple, classic, and so yummy.
2-Ingredient Oreo Mug Cake
yield: 1 SERVINGS
prep time: 1 MINUTES
cook time: 2 MINUTES
total time: 3 MINUTES
A chocolatey dessert that uses only 2 ingredients and cooks in less than two minutes.
- 4 Oreo cookies
- 3 tablespoons milk
CARPE COCOA (seize the chocolate)
If you like Oreos (who doesn’t?!), this Oreo Mug Cake will take your taste buds on a mouthwatering journey. Don’t be surprised if you slip into a chocolate coma afterward!
This super easy chocolate cake is also great for parties (once the coronavirus quarantine is over). Create an Oreo Mug Cake bar with an assortment of toppings and let your guests build their own cake concoction!
Like quick and easy desserts? Try these Frozen Chocolate-Dipped Peanut Butter Banana Bites next!