Make Honey Garlic Chicken as an Easy Skillet Meal Tonight!
Hip2Save may earn a small commission at no extra cost to you via trusted partners and affiliate links in this post. Prices and availability are accurate as of time posted. Read our full disclosure policy here.
Try this savory and sweet-tasting honey garlic chicken! It’s an easy skillet meal idea the entire family will LOVE!
Need a quick meal idea for busy weeknights?
Try this easy chicken recipe as an easy skillet meal idea the entire family will LOVE! We ate every last bite, and the caramelized buttery texture on this chicken is FANTASTIC. I love the buttery honey drizzle it creates too.
You’ll be adding this tasty idea to the meal rotation for sure!
Easy skillet meals with common ingredients are the BEST!
The fresh minced garlic and apple cider vinegar add a delicious, savory flavor, and the honey makes the chicken taste sweetened and caramelizes nicely. I added some crunchy garlic chili sauce I picked up at my grocery store like this one. Trader Joe’s has a great version too. It can be omitted or adjusted to taste. You can also just add chili flakes or chili oil.
Honey Garlic Butter Chicken
yield: 4 SERVINGS
prep time: 10 MINUTES
cook time: 20 MINUTES
total time: 30 MINUTES
This savory and sweet chicken is an easy-to-make family favorite!
- 1.25 lbs. boneless skinless chicken thigh meat, cut into small pieces
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 tablespoons butter, divided
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- salt & pepper, to taste
- 1 teaspoon crunchy chili flakes in oil
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- rice, for serving
- broccoli, for serving
More tips for making honey butter garlic chicken:
- You can use chicken breast meat or thighs for this. I have made it numerous times with each, but do prefer the thigh meat as it’s more tender.
- While the chicken is cooking I usually have the rice and veggies steaming in the rice cooker. You can also serve it over mashed potatoes.
- Use your largest skillet or a wok for this recipe. I am enjoying cooking with my Hexclad hybrid nonstick frying pan sears meat well and is dishwasher safe.
- It does take a bit for the chicken to sear and caramelize. It will be a little watery and then cook down. It’s not necessarily a mega saucy recipe and more like a buttery drizzle in the pan. If you’d like more of a sauce maybe double those ingredients.
Honey butter chicken heaven!
My kids went nuts for this meal, and they can be a super picky crowd! I served this chicken on top of steamed white rice and some steamed broccoli on the side, and there were no leftovers! I loved the amazing texture and everything about this honey-butter chicken. Next time I may add some cashews or peanuts for a crunch! Easy no-fuss meals like this one make me so happy, and this one is for sure worth trying. Enjoy!