Easy Weeknight Chicken Stir-Fry Recipe
Looking for an easy and delicious weeknight meal that’s done in minutes?
This weeknight chicken stir-fry recipe is one of my favorite go-to family dinners because it’s simple, and you can customize it to whatever combo of veggies and meat you may have on hand.
Serve it on top of your favorite rice, and you’ve got a fast home-cooked complete meal. This is a great basic recipe that’s full of flavor and tastes amazing!
Hip Recipe Tips:
- Feel free to change the veggies to ones your family loves. It’s also a great opportunity to use up odds and ends of veggies in the fridge that are about to go bad!
- At the very end of this recipe, I made a cornstarch slurry to thicken the sauce. It’s a small extra step, but it’s worth the little bit of effort and adds a great “take out” style texture.
Weeknight Chicken Stir-Fry Recipe
yield: 4 SERVINGS
prep time: 10 MINUTES
cook time: 20 MINUTES
total time: 30 MINUTES
Chicken and veggies get sautéed on the stove using ginger and other Asian-inspired flavors for a super easy and delicious skillet meal!
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil (or cooking oil of choice)
- 1 pound boneless skinless raw chicken breast, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons ginger, minced
- 1 cup chicken broth, divided
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 cups veggies (I used broccoli, sugar snap peas, & bell peppers)
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- toasted sesame seeds (optional)
- 4 servings rice, cooked
Chicken stir-fry is a mom WIN!
This is a delicious homemade meal my kids look forward to, and it’s an easy no-fuss dish to get on the table. I love how versatile it is, and sometimes I change things up ad and add shrimp or steak instead – YUM!