Make an Easy Ice Cream Cake in Under 10 Minutes!
As an Amazon Associate, Hip2Save earns a small commission from qualifying purchases in this post. Read our full disclosure policy here.
Layer ice cream sandwiches in a loaf pan to create a yummy and clever ice cream cake!
In the mood for some dessert?
This fun ice cream sandwich cake is a simple no-bake dessert recipe made from (you guessed it!) ice cream sandwiches. It takes less than 10 minutes to put together, but it comes out looking like a fancy icebox cake with chocolate cookie layers and vanilla ice cream. YUM!
I love this cake hack because it’s cheap and easy to pull off, trust me!
It’s also a pretty clever and frugal alternative to the ice cream cakes you would pay so much more for at places like Baskin Robbins or Cold Stone Creamery.
You can make this into a special occasion birthday cake to celebrate or enjoy it on a random weeknight for dessert! 😋
This ice cream sandwich cake is totally customizable too, so you can tailor it to your family’s tastes. The possibilities are endless! You can get super creative with the ingredients, or stick to the basics as I did.
For instance, I am using classic vanilla ice cream sandwiches, but if there is a special flavor of ice cream sandwich you like, like chocolate or Neopolitan, those would make for yummy swaps. Next time I’d like to try using cookies & cream ice cream sandwiches. YUM!
I used whipped topping for the middle and outside, but you could use any flavored softened ice cream and spread it on if you’d prefer. I have even seen other examples using chocolate pudding with the whipped topping for a chocolatey version of this yummy cake.
Speaking of using your favorite products for the ingredients, my Hip sidekick Erica lives on the East Coast and swears by Mayfield Ice Cream Sandwiches. 🤤
Ice Cream Sandwich Cake
yield: 6 SERVINGS
prep time: 10 MINUTES
total time: 10 MINUTES
Layer ice cream sandwiches in a loaf pan to create a yummy and clever ice cream cake in under 10 minutes!
More tips for making this ice cream sandwich cake recipe:
- Not all ice cream sandwiches are the exact same shape/size, and loaf pans vary a little too. You may have to cut an ice cream sandwich in half to make a layer in your loaf pan as I did.
- I drizzled my ice cream sandwich cake with magic shell chocolate after freezing and before serving. You could also use any chocolate syrup topping. Caramel would be yummy too!
- Top with sprinkles to customize your cake for any occasion or holiday (rainbow for a birthday, red, white, and blue for Independence Day, etc). Add candles for a birthday cake!
- Want a keto or low carb version? Grab some keto ice cream sandwiches such as the ones from Killer Creamery, homemade whipped cream, sugar-free chocolate syrup, and chop up a Lily’s candy bar to decorate!
- This is a great make-ahead dessert because you can compile it in advance and then serve it straight from the freezer at your leisure. Just keep in mind it needs at least two hours to freeze before serving.
- Want an extra topping? Add some crushed-up Oreos to top off your cake!
This ice cream sandwich cake reminds me of when my kids were younger because they were super impressed with it!
An ice cream sandwich cake is so simple to make, super tasty, and it looks A-M-A-Z-I-N-G both straight out of the freezer and cut in slices!
If you need a larger cake, you can double the recipe and make it in a bigger pan. Everyone will love it and I guarantee that people will be asking for more, so you’ll want to be sure to make enough. Enjoy!