Instead of Lasagna, Make This Easy Lasagna Soup Recipe
Hip2Save may earn a small commission at no extra cost to you via trusted partners and affiliate links in this post. Prices and availability are accurate as of time posted. Read our full disclosure policy here.
Here’s a hearty comforting lasagna soup that’s easy enough for busy weeknights and will appeal to the entire family.
Lasagna fans will love this homemade soup recipe!
I can’t imagine a quicker or more delicious way to get all the cheese and meat flavors of homemade lasagna in an easy-to-make soup! If you’re wondering what to make for dinner this week, this is it.
You’ll have a warm and hearty meal on the table in no time that’s super comforting on chilly nights. The broken-up lasagna noodles and ground Italian sausage make this dish incredibly flavorful and filling.
If you’re a fan of lasagna but eat a low-carb diet, be sure to check out our delicious keto stuffed lasagna bell pepper boats recipe on Hip2Keto.com!
yield: 6 SERVINGS
prep time: 10 MINUTES
cook time: 15 MINUTES
total time: 25 MINUTES
Here's an easy and delicious way to get all the flavors of homemade lasagna in a hearty and comforting soup!
- 8 ounces lasagna noodles, broken into pieces (about 10 noodles)
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 pound ground Italian sausage
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 15 oz. can crushed tomatoes
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1/3 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup ricotta cheese, plus more for garnish
Tips for making this easy lasagna soup:
- Keep a tube of tomato paste handy in the fridge to use for recipes like this one instead of opening a can. Then you can easily use as needed for other recipes.
- This soup is highly adaptable to taste. For instance, add some red pepper flakes to make it spicy, or use spicy Italian sausage.
- Next time I may try sauteing a bell pepper and zucchini or spinach for added vegetables along with the onion!
- I used ricotta cheese in this soup and some for garnish, however, if that isn’t appealing you can pour in a little heavy cream at the end instead.
- This is the first time I am using the new Caraway cookware pieces I received as an exciting Christmas present from my husband! I love this 6.5-quart ceramic dutch oven and how quality it is! Lots of my team members now have Caraway, and I agree with how amazing this line is.
Lasagna soup has been a long-time favorite for our family… the picture above is from when I made it back in 2016!
I love how the broth is AMAZING and so flavorful from the sausage. Even people like my hubby who claim to not love soups as a meal really enjoyed it. The leftovers are yummy too warmed up in the microwave the next day. Enjoy!