Bake Sweet Lemon Zucchini Bread Utilizing This Favorite Summer Veggie
As an Amazon Associate, Hip2Save earns a small commission from qualifying purchases in this post. Read our full disclosure policy here.
Our lemon zucchini bread recipe combines shredded zucchini with fresh citrus to result in a light, luscious, and lemony loaf with a sweet glaze.
Have any fresh zucchini on hand?
Consider making this DELICIOUS lemon zucchini bread for breakfast or as a yummy sweet treat. We recently had a request to post more zucchini recipes to utilize this popular summer garden veggie, so here’s a great one to try!
When you’re in the mood for some homemade baking, this lemony bread is crazy YUM! This easy recipe has shredded zucchini inside, and a lemon glaze drizzled over the top that adds just the right amount of bright sweet flavor.
Eating low carb?! We’ve got a keto zucchini bread recipe, too!
This lemon zucchini bread loaf is sweet and simple to make.
Although the baking time is 45-50 minutes, the hands-on process of making the batter is very simple and doesn’t require a ton of time. If you’re looking for an easy homemade quick bread to bake, this is it!
I will be honest and admit that zucchini bread has never sounded appetizing to me in the past, but I am a fan now! I love how the texture is so soft and there isn’t a strong zucchini taste. It’s very subtle and so good!
Lemon Zucchini Bread
yield: 10 SERVINGS
prep time: 15 MINUTES
cook time: 45 MINUTES
total time: 60 MINUTES
Soft and moist bread the entire family will LOVE!
For the bread:
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 and 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup coconut oil, melted
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup shredded zucchini, drained and squeezed
- 2 tablespoons lemon zest
For the glaze:
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
Hip recipe tips for making lemon zucchini bread:
- Zucchini is very watery. I shredded it first with a boxed cheese grater and then pressed it against a mesh strainer to get some of the water out.
- The lemon zest and juice add such nice fresh flavor to this loaf, so don’t miss out on this step!
- Want to use whole wheat flour? Using half whole wheat and half all-purpose flour has worked well for other Hip2Save readers!
- Dairy-free readers can give almond milk a try if you’re looking to swap out the milk in the bread.
- Zucchini bread can be frozen for up to 6 months. Be sure to cool it all the way first, then wrap it in plastic wrap or foil, and store it in a freezer bag.
Lemon + zucchini = perfect match 🍋
My kids were excited to dig into this soft and yummy bread as an afternoon snack! It’s a delicious and easy-to-make treat the whole family will love! If you’re lucky enough to have some end-of-summer zucchini on hand from the garden, this is a fun way to use it!
Here’s what my teammate Jenna thought of this quick bread recipe:
“Oh my gosh, I just love this lemon zucchini loaf! The glaze is awesome, the bread is so moist, and the fresh lemon and zucchini give it such a great flavor! You’ll even want to have it for breakfast! Two thumbs up!”