The Best McMuffin Breakfast Sandwich Copycat Recipe | Super Easy to Freeze
Needing an easy make-ahead breakfast sandwich that is perfect for those busy school/work mornings?
If you typically experience really chaotic mornings trying to get yourself and/or your kiddos up, fed and out the door on time, this Breakfast Sandwich recipe is sure to become one of your favorites!
Now instead of grabbing a granola bar or a bag of dry cereal on the way out the door, you and your family can enjoy homemade breakfast sandwiches packed with protein and deliciousness! And your wallet will thank you as well as these Breakfast Sandwiches taste very similar to the McMuffin Sandwich from a popular fast food restaurant!
Consider making a batch of these simple breakfast sandwiches on Sunday and a yummy and filling breakfast will be ready to grab each weekday as you run out the door!
On a side note, if you’re eating low-carb, be sure to check out our Keto McGriddle Breakfast Sandwich Copycat Recipe on our sister site, Hip2Keto.
- Breakfast Sandwiches are so versatile as the options are literally endless! Try adding ham, bacon, veggies or even spice it up with pepper jack cheese or jalapenos! Also check out our Baked Tomato and Bacon version.
- When freezing, I have the best outcome when I wrap the sandwich in plastic wrap and then wrap it with either parchment paper or foil and seal in a Ziploc bag. To make it really easy to grab and go, please each sandwich in an individual Ziploc bag so you can literally grab and run out the door!
- Sandwiches can be stored in the freezer up to 3-4 weeks.
- To heat the frozen sandwich, remove sandwich from plastic wrap and foil. Wrap sandwich in a damp paper towel and place in microwave for 1 minute. If sandwich is not completely warm in the middle, put back in the microwave for another 30 seconds.
The Best McMuffin Breakfast Sandwich Copycat Recipe
yield: 6 SERVINGS
prep time: 10 MINUTES
cook time: 25 MINUTES
total time: 35 MINUTES
These easy make-ahead breakfast sandwiches are perfect for those busy school and work mornings!
- 6 English Muffins
- 10 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 cup shredded cheese
- cooked bacon
- cooked sausage patties
Another Great Breakfast Idea –> Homemade Waffles to Make & Freeze!