Make This Easy Pinecone Cheese Ball For Your Holiday Gathering!
Hip2Save may earn a small commission at no extra cost to you via trusted partners and affiliate links in this post. Prices and availability are accurate as of time posted. Read our full disclosure policy here.
Looking for a unique and easy to make holiday appetizer?
How about creating a yummy cheese ball that looks like a pinecone?! You can actually use your favorite cheese ball recipe to implement this idea or make the easy and delicious bacon ranch flavored version I’m sharing today.
The result is a beautiful clever appetizer that’s almost too cute to eat, yet is super delicious with the cream cheese almond combo!
This appetizer appears super fancy and Insta-worthy, but it’s actually SIMPLE to make!
Just mix up all of these easy ingredients in a mixing bowl, and then form that mixture into a pine cone shape on a plate or cheese board. Carefully press the roasted almonds all around the top, and it will look like a pinecone! I also added a few sprigs of rosemary on the top and also a few cranberries to complete the look!
Tips for making the best pinecone cheese ball:
- This recipe uses two bars of cream cheese and would make two pine cones, so feel free to half it if entertaining for a smaller crowd. One single pine cone shape will also look elegant as well!
- Letting the cream cheese soften first makes mixing up the ingredients so much easier.
- I LOVE that cheese ball appetizers can be made ahead of time, and are super easy to adapt and customize to taste! You could go with more garlic and fresh herb version instead of bacon, and maybe experiment with adding different soft cheeses such as goat cheese or blue cheese. The options are endless!
Pine Cone Cheese Ball
yield: 15 SERVINGS
prep time: 25 MINUTES
total time: 25 MINUTES
No one can resist a bacon ranch cheese ball, especially when it's shaped like a pine cone!
- 2- 8oz. bars of cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup real mayonnaise
- 1 packet ranch dressing seasoning OR this homemade version
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 6 slices bacon, cooked, crumbled
- 2 cups whole almonds, toasted
- fresh rosemary sprigs and a few cranberries for garnish
- crackers, for serving
Yay, doesn’t that look like a real pine cone!? So fun and creative!
I feel like this is such a unique idea, that is so pretty and most importantly tastes great too! My kids had fun helping me put in the almonds, and the process is so simple. It could even be a nice low carb option if you serve with veggies instead of crackers!