Simple Homemade Pizza Bites Using an Ice Cube Tray Hack!
Hip2Save may earn a small commission at no extra cost to you via trusted partners and affiliate links in this post. Prices and availability are accurate as of time posted. Read our full disclosure policy here.
These homemade pizza bites are the perfect snack or appetizer. Check out this cool ice cube tray hack to make them the perfect size every time!
It doesn’t get any better than homemade pizza bites.
This super simple recipe will make these a regular snack at your house. You only need a few ingredients – premade pie dough, marinara sauce, and your favorite pizza topping ingredients. I used mini pepperoni, black olives, and mozzarella cheese.
Oh, and an ice cube tray… you’ll need one of those!
How to make homemade pizza bites with the ice cube tray hack:
A word of caution, you have to be gentle with the pie dough. Make sure you let it come to room temperature before you unroll it and try to press it down into the ice cube tray. Otherwise, it will crack.
Also, the pie dough comes in a circle for pies, not a rectangle for an ice cube tray. You’ll be able to get at least 14 pizza bites from the dough. My ice cube tray has 18 spots for reference. You can trim the extra dough off the sides of the ice cube tray and then use that to fill in the rest of the spaces.
Homemade Pizza Bites Using Ice Cube Tray Hack
yield: 14 SERVINGS
prep time: 10 MINUTES
cook time: 30 MINUTES
total time: 40 MINUTES
Premade pie dough filled with your favorite pizza topping that uses an ice cube tray to make the perfect-sized little pizza bites.
Tips for making homemade pizza bites:
- It’s very important that you let the premade pie dough come to room temperature before you unroll it. To be safe, I’d let it sit out for about 30 minutes.
- Be careful when you’re pushing the dough into the ice cube tray. Use your knuckle so that you don’t poke a hole in the dough with your fingernail.
- To easily get the pizza bites out of the ice cube tray, make sure you grease it with cooking spray. If the dough is still sticking, pop the tray in the freezer for 10 to 15 minutes.
- You can use any of your favorite pizza toppings.
- I dipped the pizza bites in marinara, but Ranch would also be amazing!
Everyone will love these pizza bites!
You truly can’t go wrong with pizza! Now turn it into mini pizza pies and you’ll be a hero in your house! These didn’t last long when I made them and they do reheat well in case you have any leftovers.
If your love of pizza extends beyond this recipe, check out these 3-Ingredients Pizza Crescent Rolls!