Best Ever Homemade Pumpkin Spice Pancakes Recipe
Sunday morning pancakes just got a little sweeter!
This fall, you’ve gotta try adding some pumpkin spice magic to your breakfast routine. If your crew is anything like mine, they will absolutely love waking up to these homemade pumpkin pancakes!
I love easy breakfast ideas, and these may be some of the BEST tasting pancakes I’ve ever made. They are sweet, fluffy, and an overall amazing pumpkin breakfast experience!
Tips for making the best homemade pumpkin pancakes:
- Don’t have buttermilk? For each cup of buttermilk, substitute 1 tablespoon of white vinegar or lemon juice plus enough milk to measure a total of 1 cup. Stir, then let stand for 5 minutes. Add it to the recipe in place of buttermilk.
- Cook on medium heat – not too high. I noticed that these took a little longer to cook in the middle than typical pancakes. To avoid burning the outsides, cook a little lower and slower than you would normally do for pancakes.
- Easily keep your pancakes warm. After cooking a batch, I will usually place pancakes in a warm oven until ready to serve.
- Add chocolate chips for a yummy twist! Chocolate and pumpkin spice are a brilliant flavor combination, and next time I plan on adding some chocolate chips to these pancakes. YUM!
- Top these pancakes as desired! We really enjoyed these with butter, maple syrup, and some chopped pecans – SO GOOD! I think walnuts or pumpkin seeds could be fun, too. You could go sweeter with a little whipped cream as well.
Pumpkin Spice Pancakes
yield: 5 SERVINGS
prep time: 15 MINUTES
cook time: 15 MINUTES
total time: 30 MINUTES
Fluffy, mouth-watering buttermilk pancakes get spiced up for fall with pumpkin purée and all the fall flavors!
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup pumpkin purée
- 1 3/4 cups buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons melted butter, plus more for the griddle
These pumpkin pancakes were FLIPPING awesome!
Seriously though, if you’re looking for a special breakfast this fall, THESE are the pancakes to make! They weren’t over the top with pumpkin spice either, just subtle, YUMMY, and the perfect fall breakfast for impressing house guests or treating your family. Enjoy!