Pumpkin Spice Fudge Recipe
When Collin asked me to make this pumpkin spice fudge recipe (submitted by Hip2Save reader Stephanie B.), I was a little intimidated. I’d never really made fudge or candy before, and I never used a candy thermometer. I thought the chance of me doing something wrong and burning it was really high! 🙂
But guess what? This was actually super easy, fun, and tasty! This fudge tastes like caramel with a hint of pumpkin spice flavor. I really like the texture because it comes out very smooth and creamy (not grainy at all) and the nuts add a great crunch. This is especially a great recipe to use during the holidays.
- Buy the candy thermometer! Mine is from Walmart and was only about $4.
- I used a non-stick cookie sheet with a lip and buttered it so there was no sticking.
- I added the nuts to the top after pouring the mixture on the pan because I thought it looked prettier, but you could mix them in the pot at the end – it’s your preference.
PUMPKIN SPICE FUDGE RECIPE
yield: 60 SERVINGS
prep time: 15 MINUTES
cook time: 20 MINUTES
total time: 35 MINUTES
Create these delicious pumpkin spice fudge treats for your next family gathering.
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cups brown sugar, packed
- 3/4 cup butter (no substitutions)
- 2/3 cup evaporated milk
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 (12 oz.) pkg. white chocolate chips
- 1 (7 oz.) jar marshmallow creme
- 1 cup chopped pecans or macadamia nuts (optional)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
My kids don’t like nuts, so I left them out of half the batch. I thought it would be cute to cut out pumpkin shapes with a small cookie cutter. They loved it! We also didn’t mind snacking on the extra pieces that were left over after cutting the shapes (ha ha!).
These fudge squares are simply divine!
It’s hard not to want to eat the entire batch. And since I didn’t need a whole pan of fudge sitting in my kitchen, we made the smart decision and shared the fudge with neighbors and my kids’ teachers. It makes for a great little gift idea when plated and wrapped with cellophane and a snappy little ribbon! Enjoy!