Need a yummy and easy side dish idea?
You’ve got to try this simple and delicious idea for cooking asparagus! Roasting it with Parmesan cheese, bread crumbs, and garlic adds excellent flavor and texture – SO good.
Roasted Parmesan Asparagus
Recipe idea from TipHero.com
- 1.5 lbs. asparagus, trimmed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup panko breadcrumbs (I used Italian breadcrumbs)
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- Place asparagus in a gallon bag and coat it with olive oil. Pour in the rest of ingredients, close bag and move around asparagus to coat evenly.
- Arrange on a baking sheet so they aren’t touching.
- Bake in the oven at 400 degrees for 15 minutes or until asparagus has reached desired tenderness and breadcrumbs are browned.
Note: I actually cooked mine on the outside grill using a reversible cast iron griddle (like this one) following basically the same directions as above.
This was the BEST asparagus!
So flavorful and easy to throw together. Everyone loved it at our last outdoor BBQ party.
Written by Lina for Hip2Save. Lina is a proud mom of 2 kids who loves photography, all holidays, cooking, thrift store makeovers, bargain shopping, and DIY makeovers. Her goal is to create a beautiful life and stylish home on a dime! To see all of Lina’s DIY/Crafts created just for Hip2Save, click here.