Easy & Flavorful Crockpot Ranch Mashed Potatoes
Looking for an easy potato side dish?
We have such a simple recipe for ya that takes a classic comfort food but kicks up the flavor thanks to a packet of ranch seasoning. Our easy slow cooker ranch mashed potatoes is a winning recipe the whole family will love — we guarantee they’ll rush back for a second helping!
Tips for making the best slow cooker ranch potatoes:
- Try to avoid over-mixing the mashed potatoes with an electric mixer. I found out the hard way that they become very sticky when they are mixed too much.
- If you like your mashed potatoes super creamy, feel free to add an extra 1/2 cup of sour cream to the mix.
- Want even more flavor? I sometimes throw cheese and bacon into the mix. Then I’ll add a little more cheese on top when they’re done. There’s really no such thing as too much cheese! 🧀
Crockpot Ranch Mashed Potatoes
yield: 10 SERVINGS
cook time: 4 HOURS
total time: 4 HOURS
An easy, flavorful, and comforting slow cooker recipe to pair with your main dish for dinner!
- 6 cups (about 2.5 lbs.) Russet Potatoes cut into 2" cubes
- 1 cup water
- 5 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 envelope ranch salad dressing mix (or 3 tablespoons)
- 8 oz. (1 package) cream cheese
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- Garnish with chopped chives, optional
The ranch flavor really makes this recipe!
Some of my family members aren’t necessarily huge mashed potato fans but they loved these! This recipe really packs the flavor thanks to a handy ranch packet (I mean, who doesn’t have one of these lying around somewhere in their pantry!) and tons of creaminess.
It’s a great change up from traditional mashed potatoes and so easy thanks to the slow cooker!
Here’s what my teammate Jenna had to say after making these Crockpot ranch mashed potatoes:
“These potatoes were easy to make and I had plenty of leftovers for the next day! I love the use of the ranch packet, it’s such a great hack that I would have never thought of. My entire family loved them and I’m adding them to my weekly side dish rotation list! I think the sour cream and cream cheese are the secret to them being so creamy.”