Slow Cooker Veggie Lasagna Recipe
Did you know that you can use your Crock-Pot slow cooker to make lasagna?!
I make the best veggie lasagna for my family in the slow cooker, and I promise you won’t even miss the meat. This easy, delicious family favorite has tons of flavor, simple ingredients, and it’s packed with fresh hearty veggies.
If you enjoy simple Crock-Pot recipes like me, this idea is a must try!
Hip Recipe Tips:
- Prefer meat in your lasagna? Simply cut back on the veggies and cook ground beef or sausage on the stove to use for your filling with the marinara sauce.
- You can customize the type of chopped veggies used according to taste and what you have on hand. You’ll need about 3 cups chopped.
- 32 oz. seems to be the perfect amount of sauce for this in my opinion. You may need to buy two jars and measure 4 cups of sauce, or the Classico jars from Costco work great!
- Consider spraying your Crock-Pot with non-stick spray first to ensure easy clean up afterward.
Slow Cooker Veggie Lasagna
yield: 8 SERVINGS
prep time: 15 MINUTES
cook time: 2 HOURS
total time: 2 HOURS 15 MINUTES
Here's a delicious veggie lasagna with 3 types of cheeses that can be made right in the Crock-Pot slow cooker!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 cups chopped veggies (I used mushrooms, onion, bell pepper, and spinach)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 32 oz. marinara sauce (4 cups)
- 15 oz. container Ricotta cheese
- 2 cups shredded cheese, divided (I used a mozzarella and parmesan mix
- 1 egg
- 9 long lasagna noodles, uncooked
- Garnish Idea: fresh chopped basil
It’s settled. Slow cooker lasagna rocks!
The veggies taste fantastic, and it’s amazing how the noodles cook perfectly in the slow cooker! I love that you can use whatever combination of vegetables your family likes and that you have on hand. It’s also convenient if your family sometimes eats at different times and you need to keep a meal warm ready for a bit. It makes great leftovers, too.