Bake This Award Winning Strawberry Cake!
Strawberry fans, listen up! Here’s a family favorite strawberry cake recipe for ya! 🍓
Consider making a yummy strawberry cake with a secret ingredient: Jell-O Gelatin! It’s a brilliant way to enhance an ordinary cake mix from the pantry, and give it a more delicious flavor and texture. I’m also sharing a delicious cream cheese strawberry frosting to spread on top of it, too!
This is an awesome cake idea that we are calling “award-winning” because my daughter actually entered it into a baking contest at school this year — and won with the most votes! 🙌
I love that it’s easy enough for kids to bake on their own and uses simple pantry ingredients. This has become a go-to cake for special occasions and family birthdays!
Be sure to keep these recipe tips in mind when making this strawberry cake:
- Prep two 8-inch cake pans with parchment paper on the bottom. To easily get the right size for the parchment paper, put one of the cake pans on a piece of parchment paper, and then use a pen to trace around the pan. Once cut, you’ll get the correct shape to place on the bottom of both pans to avoid sticking.
- Don’t have a strawberry cake mix on hand? We’ve used yellow and white cake mix with this idea too, and all have been great! Also, try serving this with chocolate ice cream- such an awesome combination!
- For the mashed berries in the frosting, I used a potato masher to mash them and then measured 1/2 cup.
yield: 12 SERVINGS
prep time: 30 MINUTES
cook time: 25 MINUTES
total time: 55 MINUTES
This old-fashioned strawberry cake is easy to make and turns out moist and delicious. The cream cheese frosting makes it an over-the-top strawberry dessert!
- 1 box of strawberry cake mix
- 3 oz. package of strawberry Jell-O
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1 cup water
- 3/4 cup finely chopped strawberries
Strawberry Cream Cheese Frosting:
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 4 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup mashed strawberries
- 3 cups powdered sugar
You can never go wrong with strawberry cake!
I love this old-fashioned tasting cake, and really think you will, too! It stays super moist with the fresh strawberries, and the cream cheese frosting makes it over the top delicious!
Everyone will be voting for more of this cake, for sure! Enjoy!