Super Easy Ice Cream Sandwich Cake Recipe
Love a good ice cream sandwich? You’ve gotta try this ice cream sandwich cake recipe!
This super easy ice cream sandwich cake recipe is a simple no-bake dessert made from (you guessed it!) ice cream sandwiches. It takes less than 10 minutes to put it together, but it comes out looking like a fancy icebox cake.
This easy DIY cake ice cream cake is such a smart and frugal alternative to the ice cream cakes you would pay so much more for at places like Baskin Robbins, Dairy Queen, or Cold Stone Creamery. It’s totally customizable too, so you can completely tailor it to your family’s tastes. The possibilities are endless!
Hip tips for making this ice cream sandwich cake recipe:
- Try skipping the whipped topping and use ice cream in between your layers. Toffee, anyone?
- You could also opt to mix chocolate pudding with the Cool Whip for a chocolate-y take on this yummy cake.
- Try flavored ice cream sandwiches like mint chocolate chip or salted caramel.
- Make this recipe with Klondike bars instead of ice cream sandwiches for a crunchy texture and even more flavor options!
- You can substitute Magic Shell for the fudge topping for an added layer of crunch. This should set up more quickly in the freezer, too.
- Use sprinkles to customize your cake for any occasion (rainbow for a birthday, red, white, and blue for Independence Day, etc).
Ice Cream Sandwich Cake Recipe
yield: 6 SERVINGS
prep time: 20 MINUTES
total time: 20 MINUTES
- 7 ice cream sandwiches (I used the Blue Bunny brand)
- 8oz. Cool Whip or whip cream equivalent
- one candy bar, chopped (I used Twix)
- hot fudge to drizzle
This is so simple to make, super tasty, and it looks A-M-A-Z-I-N-G both straight out of the freezer and cut in slices! If you need a larger cake, you can double the recipe and make it in a bigger pan. Everyone will love it and I guarantee that people will be asking for more, so you’ll want to be sure to make enough. Enjoy!